Ouch!!!!!!!!!

re'M'ington

Had a bit of a mishap while chopping a Roe head in half for the dogs earlier,and just got back from A&E having been told that I've only gone and severed a bloody tendon.And trust me I know how bad that can be as I done 3 fingers and the main one in the wrist back 2001 .....3 months in plaster,I am really pi55ed off I can tell you!!!

IMG_0167.jpg

In the casualty aftert taking off the wrapping.......
IMG_0168.jpg

and,starting to get a bit worried as the blood is pooling up a bit now.........
IMG_0169.jpg

By the way,they have sent me home to come back on Monday(maybe)or Tuesday to have an operation,and right now it is throbbing like a ba5tard!!!

If you look at the top pic you can see the end of the tendon at the left hand side...... :yikes:

Martin

Didn't know Tendons were in season....

What calibre blade did you use?

Obviously "handload" but are there factory options available?

Right or left "stock" as it might affect the final shot ;)

Stan

Hope that doesn't hurt as much as it looks like it does :doh:
Hope the surgery goes ok, heal well :thumb:

Neil. :)

Whoops, did exactly the same 2 years ago, taking the head off a suspended fallow in the dark.
Bloody lights had fused in the larder.
3 months off work because they wouldn't let me drive, and just like you had the op delayed for more urgent case's.
I cut further back and just missed the artery, but the thumb stopped working.
All the best for a speedy recovery, at least the deer will be safe until April.
Richard

I can sympathise with you Martin, I had part of a middle finger severed whilst the hand was inside a heavy duty welding gauntlet, the guy that actually did the deed near fainted when the item dropped out of the glove onto the workpiece, Now I have a constant battle with a vestigial fingernail growing from the lower joint!:D.... do hope you heal quicker than I did, as you really do need a thumb!:lol: Steve.

Good luck and speedy recovery! I hope you are not married to an A&E nurse like I am, they don't do sympathy. Apparantly it's found between sh1t & syphillis in the dictionary! She would have loved the photo's too, shame she is in Thailand.

Atb, Simon

Aye you done a good job of that,i hope they stitched you properly and not tried to stick you back together with super glue.
ATB Neil.

Martin may be a coasre in how to use a knife might be in order the cuts not even straight :lol:. Hope it heal well for you at your age you really cant do to loose any more movement.

While you have my sympathy and I wish you a speedy recovery.... congrats on the roe and an alternative style trophy picture :doh:

Hope your back to it soon.

Mrs Finnbear complains every other weekend when I sharpen the kitchen cutlery!, I keep re- iterating that the handle is the dull bit that you hold while cutting / carving etc!:D

Being a partially sighted old-git I ran my pinky over the blade of my circular saw a few years ago.
Felt nothing until I put it under the cold tap !
It took a short while to come to terms with it but with hindsight it could have been much worse and a lost hand.
BUGGYCROWS017.jpg

My Swedish Moose-hunting pal lost all the fingers and part of his thumb with a wood-chopping machine.
HWH.

I wish id finished me tea before i clicked on this thread !!! i did a similar thing ran my hand down the blade of the knife cutting open a rib cage nearly chopped my thumb off ok now though so i hope yours heals just as well for you Martin good luck !

Back