Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: something different

something different

Now, as per title , as far as i am aware there are not many of these in the uk , when it was proofed it was the first to be done .

A custom rifle in 375 Chey tac . built on a SPF Tac 408 single shot action, lawton fluted braked barrel at 32'' long , this is one of the original lawton barrels. jewell trigger , A5 stock , rail . available with new cases heads and dies . Just shot in for sale on for a customer.

This was shooting 350 grain match kings at 3250 during barrel brake in. Just the job for those long range deer !
    Last edited by twg1; 16-01-2011 at 11:31.

Very nice! A fair bit of weight there?

very pleasing!, but probably more suited to tallies than munties.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    I had the pleasure of seening this and the other rifles TWG1 has for sale, and boy are they nice,

the 308 makes me cry what a rifle, and this thing is just the mutts.

TWG1 is a top bloke to deal with and will go out of his way to help the best he can (even came to my house to sort out my mistakes)

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Yup its not something i would like to carry up on the hill , that said the the troops have to lug them about !

keith

I cant buy it but Id like to just say WOW!

twg1

outstanding rifle I don't know a lot about this caliber (I generally don't know much) just a couple of questions
    1/ is the 3250 fps the normal running velocity for this caliber
    2/ how much powder does it burn per shot
    3/ what is its effective range & what range is the bullet still super sonic
    4/ barrel life

my longer term plan is a long range rig at the moment i,m hitting smallish things out to the 650 yd mark and getting slowly better, my caliber (.243) I know will hold me below the 1000 yd mark (for consistent shooting)

so give me a yr or so and i my be chasing you up ...regards....neil

Now that is one serious piece of kit!!! Very nice

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by griffshrek View Post
    twg1

outstanding rifle I don't know a lot about this caliber (I generally don't know much) just a couple of questions
    1/ is the 3250 fps the normal running velocity for this caliber
    2/ how much powder does it burn per shot
    3/ what is its effective range & what range is the bullet still super sonic
    4/ barrel life

my longer term plan is a long range rig at the moment i,m hitting smallish things out to the 650 yd mark and getting slowly better, my caliber (.243) I know will hold me below the 1000 yd mark (for consistent shooting)

so give me a yr or so and i my be chasing you up ...regards....neil
    neil

have a read of this,

bob.

http://lutz-moeller-jagd.de/English/375-Chey-Tac.htm
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Thank you bobjs