Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gordon Ramsey

Gordon Ramsey

Has anybody read the Basc magazine out this month was the basc press officer there ! The programme i saw resulted in Gordon not being able to take the shot at the munty ,which is fare enough but why has basc obviously felt the need to not mention it ! Good on Gordon for bringing stalking in to the public eye .

Carl Gustaf
    I think the fact that he didn't take the shot speaks volumes to the bunny loving general public.
    I prefer Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall, he brought deer stalking to the public ten years ago, as did Ray Mears repeatedly in his programs. Gordon Ramsey just does it for the shock value.

The River Cottage website, (Hugh Fearnley's) site has many threads on deer stalking.

Bagpuss
    HFW? Another spot light craving clown. IMO

I bet Fanny Craddock would have dropped the hammer when the thing turned broadside.

Ray mears You dont get that fat eating roots and shoots ! I agree with you cg about hfw i have met him and he is a genuine guy who has done alot for eating game in this country

Carl Gustaf
    Spot light craving clown? Now that would be Fanny Craddock. She couldn't even cook!
    Hugh Fearnley has done alot to re-educate the green cardigan brigade about hunting and the rearing and dispatching of domestic animals. He has also drawn attention to Traditional British food and farming.
    He is also the only pro hunting celeb able to keep his programmes on the air. Most other shows get axed at the mere mention of 'cooking up a bunny'. 'Johnny and Clarissa' fore instance.

Bagpuss
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Gustaf
    Hugh Fearnley has done alot to re-educate the green cardigan brigade about hunting and the rearing and dispatching of domestic animals. He has also drawn attention to Traditional British food and farming.
    He is also the only pro hunting celeb able to keep his programmes on the air. Most other shows get axed at the mere mention of 'cooking up a bunny'. 'Johnny and Clarissa' fore instance.
    Who are the "green cardigan brigade" when they come into the countryside?

I take it you are referring to his last TV series. What a load of compost material that was. Johnny Scott and Clarissa Dickson Wright managed 2 series which is about the norm for such programme formats I am reliably informed.

The last thing I saw HFW trying to cook was some moroccan dish using feral pigeons. Hardly what I would call TRADITIONAL BRITISH FOOD!!!

Carl Gustaf
    Clarissa Dickinson Wright told me herself at a book signing that the BBC had axed her show. The Moroccan dish was in the first series ten years ago. I'm wasting my time even writing this because Bagpuss you don't know what you are talking about.

Bagpuss
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Gustaf
    Clarissa Dickinson Wright told me herself at a book signing that the BBC had axed her show. The Moroccan dish was in the first series ten years ago. I'm wasting my time even writing this because Bagpuss you don't know what you are talking about.
    Like I said 2 series about par for the course for TV programmes using that format.

Was it really 10m years ago, Still hardly what I'd call traditional british food. Nor was some of the stuff he knocked up in the last abysmal offering.

Or are you trying to claim that spag bog is tradionally british nosh?

Of course we always sit down to a traditional britsih sunday lunchtime dinner of king pawn vindaloo and pilau rice with plenty of poppadoms and chutneys. Not!

HERE WE GO AGAIN

HERE WE GO AGAIN

Guys...don't take the bait. Just think "Sad G*T" and click on by. I think it used to be called "Coventry" that they got sent to. Please don't leave again, there are a lot of people who learn, and enjoy reading the posts. Don't let the small minded tw*t win.