Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very Eerie

Very Eerie

Here`s a bit of a mystery, but let me set the scene.

It was just a normal Saturday, nothing special, apart from building a bird table in the day and in the evening laughing my socks off at Austin Powers.

After the film, the better half fancied a cup of tea, so i put the kettle on. As it was boiling i logged onto the SD to see the latest chat and make a couple of posts.

Now, this is where it gets a bit weird because as i sat down with my cuppa a PM came through from AndyL, and i quote..........

"Hello wadas, you are up late, what you up to, having a cup of tea"?

Lets look at this carefully, AndyL lives maybe upwards of 200 miles away from me, so he couldn`t have been spying on me from a bedroom window like i know he likes to do

What i am wanting to know is......are we looking at something weird here, where he has unknown powers, enabling him to see things happening even though they are hundreds of miles away , or did he just per chance happen to make this rash comment and it was just a coincidence
    I did want to send this little story to Arthur C Clarke, but he is dead now so that would be a waste of time, so i pose the question to you lot out there.

wadas

England, a large country south of the Scottish Border
    It is a bit wierd because at that time of night you should of been drinking whiskey

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Wadas,

Only having spoken to you on the phone , although I do hope I meet up with you at the CLA , I think with the past comments about you drinking tea, this could be a fair assumption that you drink it 24/7 . I think that AndyL was outside your house but was hoping that this would throw you off track..

Which it has done!!

TJ

This was a simple deduction my dear Watson! Andy L applied simple mathematics: -

Wadas life in percentage terms

Buggering about in shed/pigeon loft 40% of time, always whilst drinking tea.

On the SD website 20% of time, again whilst drinking tea.

Walking whippet 5%, yes you guessed it drinking tea from thermos whilst doing this.

Picking nose 2% of time but whilst drinking tea.

Making love to wife 10% of time, tea cup on bedside cabinet, half full to prevent spillages.

3% on toilet without tea, but at some point during this time he will shout out from the back garden 'thunder box' 'Eeeeeeeeee I rite fancy a brew, put kettle on chuck'!

The remaining 30% Wadas is at work and his job is 'Tetley tea taster'!

So apart from the 3% of the time he is on the loo, Wadas is drinking or has a tea cup only inches away from him. 100% of the time is thinking about tea.

Elementary!

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf

Making love to wife 10% of time, tea cup on bedside cabinet, half full to prevent spillages.
    How does anybody get that lucky once they are married??

Wadas is a very good looking bloke he tells me, maybe that's why! Either that or his good lady is out shopping and he is alone looking through the ladies under wear section of Kays catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Wadas is a very good looking bloke he tells me, maybe that's why! Either that or his good lady is out shopping and he is alone looking through the ladies under wear section of Kays catalogue.
    Dam, have you got those special powers of Andy`s too?

Actually, it`s littlewoods.

wadas

Re: Very Eerie

Quote Originally Posted by wadashot
    Here`s a bit of a mystery, but let me set the scene.

It was just a normal Saturday, nothing special, apart from building a bird table in the day and in the evening laughing my socks off at Austin Powers.

After the film, the better half fancied a cup of tea, so i put the kettle on. As it was boiling i logged onto the SD to see the latest chat and make a couple of posts.

Now, this is where it gets a bit weird because as i sat down with my cuppa a PM came through from AndyL, and i quote..........

"Hello wadas, you are up late, what you up to, having a cup of tea"?

Lets look at this carefully, AndyL lives maybe upwards of 200 miles away from me, so he couldn`t have been spying on me from a bedroom window like i know he likes to do

What i am wanting to know is......are we looking at something weird here, where he has unknown powers, enabling him to see things happening even though they are hundreds of miles away , or did he just per chance happen to make this rash comment and it was just a coincidence
    I did want to send this little story to Arthur C Clarke, but he is dead now so that would be a waste of time, so i pose the question to you lot out there.

wadas
    Wadas, why don`t you send it Arthur C Clare, you never know with something this weird, you may well get an answer!!
    basil.

Sitting on the bog with a cup of tea in one hand and a hunting magazine
    in the other . Do's life get any better than that

You might have a job sending it to A C Clark, I think you will find he is dead!!

However Wadas can always read the tea leaves in the bottom of his cup, as he always bursts the tea bag