Sportsman (Roedale)

miffy

Hi all

I have now been waiting 6 months for a Roedale Moderator.
When i first rang the Sportsman a guy told me 2 weeks.
Since then i have been told just about every excuse in the book, Is any body else waiting for them to arrive. Because i am pi**** off. WAITING.:banghead:

why dont you try someone else, if you wait any longer youll be deaf from old age so wont need the bloody thing!! :lol:

Try third eye tactical, I had a first look at redmists one and it looks the dogs danglers. One has been duely ordered (last week and will hopefully be with me later this week!!

Could also try Valkyrie Rifles in Barnsley he makes em and sadly your just the latest in a long line to wait for stuff from this guy

He has visited this site so maybe he'll pick up on your comments and do something about it :D
That was his problem when he first started making rifles and modifications etc, he was so good he became too popular too soon and could not keep up supply.

Thats a bit strange, i visited 3 weeks ago and they tried to sell me one, said he had them in stock and showed me the mod.
However i got a better deal with a package elsewhere.
Cheers
Richard

Hmmm I woiuld go elsewhere ......................................................... anywhere else and get it rather thab the Sportsman :mad:.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Try another stockist, I do not rate the Sportsman for their customer service, or truthfullness.

Simon

What sort of price did you pay for the roedale. I am thinking about a j-tech , seen them at the midland game fair and they looked good for under £200

I feel sorry for the Roedale guy, he has had all of his problems documented on the interweb then, to add insult to injury, he decided to get into bed with 'The Sportsman'. JC

Here we go again.Déjà vu every time his name is mentioned.please do your research before parting with your kids inheritance

ATB
Cam

Hi all

I have now been waiting 6 months for a Roedale Moderator.
When i first rang the Sportsman a guy told me 2 weeks.
Since then i have been told just about every excuse in the book, Is any body else waiting for them to arrive. Because i am pi**** off. WAITING.:banghead:

One of the worst shops I have every visited.
They are not interested in serving you
They always criticise your choice of rifles
They spend more time on the phone than I care to mention
They ignore you as you wave your item and cash
They seem to think that each customer is an inconvenience to the "toff" they are more interested in serving

My advice to anyone is to avoid them like the plague...I should know they are just around the corner and have had this experience every time I have visited them to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Oh and if your looking for a good trade-in price...forget it. Support your local small gun shop....

or if anyone from the sportsman reads this then move your telesales upstairs with a dedicated team and spent time with your walk-in punters.

I rang Sportsman Dorset 3 or 4 times about the Roedale Mods - The guy I spoke to couldn't tell me anything about them but did tell me they were 'still at the proof house' each time....which was a help:rolleyes:. Gave up in the end - I was gonna try ordering straight from Germany - 2-3 weeks according to their website! Worth a go??

Cheers guys
This shop amazes me, Far to many people talking a load of cra*, And not being honest to there customers.
They promised me as soon as they come in i would be notified.
What a load of bull****.
This is the last thing i will ever buy from them...... If i ever get it.

Cheers guys
This shop amazes me, Far to many people talking a load of cra*, And not being honest to there customers.
They promised me as soon as they come in i would be notified.
What a load of bull****.
This is the last thing i will ever buy from them...... If i ever get it.

Sadly it seems that The Sportsman is buying into other gunshops nd spreading their "ethics and customer survice" around the country. How they make money operating like they do I have no idea. After my dealings with them a few years ago I avoid them totally. So far I believe I have heard three good reports on them and their service and dozens of horror stories.

Sadly it seems that The Sportsman is buying into other gunshops nd spreading their "ethics and customer survice" around the country. How they make money operating like they do I have no idea. After my dealings with them a few years ago I avoid them totally. So far I believe I have heard three good reports on them and their service and dozens of horror stories.

How they make money is simple mate, several times a day someone goes into one of thier shops with a brand new FAC/SGC and a pocket full of cash and buys the whole works, rifle, scope, cabinet, sling, essential stalking socks etc. They almost certainly make a hundred times more profit (as a percentage) on the socks and sling than they do on the rifle. Same guy goes back in six weeks or six years later and they are not interested because there is another customer in front buying the full package. The problem is, our sport/profession is expanding. Shotguns are a good example; why would anyone buy a brand new Lanber when the racks are full of secondhand Berettas for the same or less money? Simple, sales pitch. JC

Last edited:
Shotguns are a good example; why would anyone buy a brand new Lanber when the racks are full of secondhand Berettas for the same or less money

Ahhh but JC not everyone likes or rate Berettas. I still recall the queues caused at the clay shoots when yet another darned Beretta jamed up or went wrong. Yes it was a long time ago but one does nto forget. The only Beretta I was ever interested was the 302 Semi Auto. Nearly brought one but something else came a long.

If an O/U and in that price range I would buy Browning ;). A friend of mine tried to convince me about Berettas and he did have a couple but when he went to a comp guess what he took a Browning and he had at least 4x the number of Brownings than Berettas and that's if we include his semi auto he used fowling..

As for The Sportsman and their sharp practices yep the horror stories have already started round this way since they got their claws into a certain shop. Their lies are quite unbelievable too but they seem to catch quite few out. They have even sent up one of their sales chaps. I met him when I got the shop to sell the Baikal MH18 .222 on comission and he was trying to get me to look at the BSA's and Parker-Hales he claimed they had in Dorset. I declined as I don't trust them to buy from. As it was the commision rate was high but I needed the space opened up so i lost out money wise but managed to secure the other rifle so swings and roundabouts I suppose. Now I know for sure they have their claws in their I won't be going back at all!

Back