Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roe's don't like apricots

Roe's don't like apricots

We live in the middle of a working farm and have deer on the land around us.
    Last year just before the bad weather started i was at a mates work where next door they make muesli bar snacks and they were throwing out an apricot mix which they had made to much of.
    I took some originally to use as bird feed in the garden but when the freezing snow arrived i decided to put some out for the deer on the surrounding land, I placed piles along tracks frequented by deer. I then glassed the deer feeding at the piles of food i put out, But on return to the food piles i found they had ate everything but the dried diced apricots!
    The mix included rasins, sultanas, cereal, aditives and of course apricots, Next time i'm down there i'll see if i can get a cherry or apple mix, The deer might not be so fussy with one of them.

I also found they are not to keen on my .243 either

Thumbs up

+1 stone, i have also found that deer that i have seen are fatally allergic to my wetherby .243

funny that.

atb f.

dont think there is much that roe wont eat !

apricots are obviously one thing, I have also observered that they wont eat walnut leaves,

anybody els know of things they wont eat ?

Richard/Frank your so funny, lol

CF

they wont eat fish and chips, which surprises me its one of my favourites .....

Regular Poster
    Never seen them in the kebab shop, musnt like them either.

ATB Barry

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnydan View Post
    they wont eat fish and chips, which surprises me its one of my favourites .....

They must like mars bars though I have seen some DSC2 candidates in deer parks feeding them and they like those kettle crisps as well but they arnt keen on the salt and vinegar ones and they arnt to keen on clitoris allsorts either
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 18-01-2011 at 10:41.

Never seen them in the Indian either, but they do like my mates roses.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Account Suspended
    I think they like beer (who doesn't) as I've seen a few in pubs. They must have been in a hurry, as they never seem to be able to stop before hitting the wall, the heads go strait through!!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigBenson View Post
    I think they like beer (who doesn't) as I've seen a few in pubs. They must have been in a hurry, as they never seem to be able to stop before hitting the wall, the heads go strait through!!
    I have noticed that as well they must have been running quite fast to achieve it . Some of them have curious expressions on their face .