stalking hats

irishgun

hi folks, i am looking for a nice stalking hat in tweed if possible its not a deer stalker ,but a a hat with smallish brims on it any links or numbers would be great .regards j

i have a waxed brimmed hat for the winter and an issue jungle hat for the summer. they cost about £5 each

steve

Beowulf

I have to say i now have a image of you wearing a bugatti cap and driving along like Mr Toad in that lorry of yours (poop poop)

Is this the case.......LoL

Joe

Ho no Joe! My stalking self and the working self are two different people and I would never wear my beloved Bugatti in my lorry because the firm I work for are like all firms, squeezing the very life and spirit out of its workers. Unfortunaley I prostitute myself to the system to allow the 'Hunter Gatherer' me to exsist in some small way and pay tribute to the very spirit of what it is to be human and free.

Beowulf said:
Ho no Joe! My stalking self and the working self are two different people and I would never wear my beloved Bugatti in my lorry because the firm I work for are like all firms, squeezing the very life and spirit out of its workers. Unfortunaley I prostitute myself to the system to allow the 'Hunter Gatherer' me to exsist in some small way and pay tribute to the very spirit of what it is to be human and free.
done mind him beowulf it takes bottle to wear a bugatti ,more a statement than a hat ,but what its saying i dont know ,

Hi Irish,

What does it say? I havent a clue. Sometimes though its nice to dress as a gentleman of our sport rather than a slack jawed red neck in my real tree pyjamas! I have always worn a flat cap though, I put it down to watching John Wayne in 'The Quiet Man'. ;)

I have a cool Sherlock Holmes affair without the dogear flaps is that a Buggati?
Next time I go out will make sure I wear it so I am properly dressed
Mr B :lol:

He has yet to wear this famous Bugatti hat in the appropraite area whilst stalking :rolleyes: he may get to use it this year.

So what with Wada's dressed in his littlewoods undies drinking tea, and Mr B with his Bugatti hat it should make for an interesting week of trying to get near some Reds or Sika in Scotland.

Photos will be supplied by either myself or JAYB :lol: :lol:

Hi Rob,
No mate the Bugatti is the flat cap with ear flaps fastened across the top of it. It’s called the Bugatti because at one time it was worn by racing drivers 'back in the day'. ;)

It is a magic hat that makes its wearer irresistible to women. :lol:

What do ya say, me wearing a flat cap and peephole littlewoods thong, might be a bit chilly, but, whatever :eek: :lol: .
It might just distract the deer long enough for Beowulf to get a shot it in :eek:

wadas

He will be too busy tripping over his french stick while his bugatti slips down onto his nose!! :lol:

Beowulf said:
Hi Irish,

What does it say? I havent a clue. Sometimes though its nice to dress as a gentleman of our sport rather than a slack jawed red neck in my real tree pyjamas! I have always worn a flat cap though, I put it down to watching John Wayne in 'The Quiet Man'. ;)
your right there i dislike the real tree gear ,can not see the point of it ,if your able to stalk what jacket your wearing will not matter .so why look like a dummy out of cablas window

Beowulf said:
Hi Irish,
I got a very nice Bugatti cap from 'The Sutherland Sporting Company' of Lairg, Scotland.
If they can't help you I don't know how can!

http://scottishtweeds.co.uk
hat ordered many thanks .i twisted the turned all nite trying to decide witch one to buy but went for the deer stalker regards john

Good on you Irish!
I will be after a deer stalker hat next time I'm up that way. First of all though I will get the wife a traditional shawl, expensive yes but the quality is superb and second to none. ;)

Beowulf said:
Good on you Irish!
I will be after a deer stalker hat next time I'm up that way. First of all though I will get the wife a traditional shawl, expensive yes but the quality is superb and second to none. ;)
sound people 500 colours of tweed .that will put ya in the good books could tie it in with a few hinds ?

That's the idea Irish. ;) Talking about tweed, I have a handmade Harris Tweed suit, I have never worn it! :confused: To this day I can't think what I was thinking when I walked into the tailors and got measured up for it. I'll wear it one day when I take my Royal Stag. ;)

Back