Night vision 3 Foxes 0

cockerdog

I enjoyed this one.....
Nipped outside for a smoke last night and was amazed to hear a vixen not 80 yards from the house screaming her horny lungs out in the wood behind.
Run back indoors and kit up with the .222 and jump in the truck then drive a couple of hundred yards around the village to get down wind.
Out of truck and into a rape field to load up, while I am doing this I can hear the vixen has moved a couple of fields away and is getting some serious attention from a dog fox.
They sound as if they are moving further away but moving in a wide circle so I cut across the field to the next which is split by a hedge then stop and listed.
Within seconds I hear panting then bugger me if the pair dont run past me only feet away!!!! (its a full moon and clear sky)
They cut left and burst through the hedge into the rape field, by which time the scope is turned on.
The vixen stops about 50 feet away and lays down giving the dog a chance, and me :) no time to drop onto the bipod so free hand take the vixen first, the dog leaps in the air and jumps 10 feet back and stares at me, quick reload and down drops the dog.
Bloody hell I thought nice one, then the night is filled with the shouts of another dog fox coming in fast.
So moving back to a gap in the hedge I pin-point his crys across the field and pick him up in the night vision moving fast.
He's running back and forth trying to locate the mating pair so I try a couple of squeaks to get his attention, he looks up twice then moves up and down the far hedge a couple more times before stopping and running full tilt towards me. when he's 50 yards away i whistle to stop him nicely broadside and bang number 3 is in the bag :D (I only had time to grab 3 rounds in my rush!!!)
This all happened in about 10 minutes of me getting out of the truck and made me one happy keeper.
And hopefully theres more out playing tonight.

3 for 3, nowt wrong with that mate!

Bet you'd have been kicking yourself for only grabbing 3 rounds if you'd spotted numbers 4, 5 and 6 galloping towards you......;):D

3 for 3, nowt wrong with that mate!

Bet you'd have been kicking yourself for only grabbing 3 rounds if you'd spotted numbers 4, 5 and 6 galloping towards you......;):D

Merlin,

I was kicking myself as I heard 2 more shouting on another farm half a mile away......tonight is their night hopefully

Great write up, could do with some of that action up here, maybe my luck is just around the corner!!!!

Can't be many more left by now Cockerdog, oooh you missed this one :fox: :rofl:
Great right up mate.
Happy New Year
Gaz

Back