tikka m595

murph

thinking of getting a tuning job done on my tikka m595. just wondering does anyone on here know where i could get a 2 stage trigger for one of them. any help would be most appreciated.

Jackson rifles do the CG trigger for the tikka. I have one and they are truly excellent. I have a tuned 595 in 308 (match barrel, glass bedded with alloy pillars, trigger job etc and it is a truly lovely thing. 595 and 695 are cracking actions

S

thinking of getting a tuning job done on my tikka m595. just wondering does anyone on here know where i could get a 2 stage trigger for one of them. any help would be most appreciated.

Hi dont know if jacksons still makes CGU triggers but may have one kicking about. If not you can get a barnard trigger not sure if you get two stage but the are £230 or were & are as good as a jewell trigger so i am told hope this helps.

is it because you just like two stage triggers mate. as with a little bit of work a gunsnmith could tweek the good standard trigger even better.

i no the gc trigger fits the t3 tikka i dont no if it fits the m595 though ? ask jacson rifles. but as the guy above said i dont think they stock them anymore. some other firm i think have took over the cg trigger and even though its the same its called something else

Last edited:
The CG triggers are now manufactured by Whidden Gunworks in the USA, maybe try Googling their website.
When I last enquired about a year ago, they did not intend providing triggers for Sakos or Tikkas in the redesigned model; but that situation may have changed in the interim.
Having said that : "Dasherman" has firkled with both my Tikka 595 & the Sako 75, and the results are extremely good for stalking rifles. Not like a Jewel trigger, but very good all the same, and a fraction of the cost.

Best

Peter

Hi,peter,do you have a tikka in 260 remington.Regards, Ian.

Ian

Affirmative, it started out in life as a Black plastic and stainless .243, had it rebarrelled some years ago to .260. Original work done by Callum at PRS, then recently restocked and 26" barrel shortened to 22" by Redmist on this site.

Best

P

Peter,
i have a 6.5 x 55 on a danzig mauser circa 1916 action,mcgowan barrel, and timney trigger,tack drives 100 grain bullets,struggles with 120 grn.I think that this maybe due to a 1 in 9 twist,do you know what twist is your 260. Ian.
p.s.I have a Tikka M 55 action and tkinking of building a 6.5 calibre rifle based on it.

Last edited:
Ian

Yep. Shilen Select Match Grade 1:9 twist - 22" finish now from bolt face, chambered SAMMI minimum dimensions, usual close fitting "Callum Throated"; I use Nosler Custom Brass not neck turned, over 40.0 Gns RL15, Fed GM210M primers, gives 2895 fps with Nosler 120 BT, with 5fps ES. It shoots better than I can on a good day, best I've had is .3MOA .. heck ...thats good enough for jazz. Works just fine on roe, fox, Fallow, even big bucks in the rut DRT. This is not a hot load, but the usual provisos apply, work up the loads in your rifle if you decide to emulate the load.

I used to have a 6.5x55 built on a Lawton 7000 action, LW barrel 22" again, 1:9 twist; that also shot better than I can most days using 120 Gn NBT; 49.0 Gns RL22 with Lapua brass, Fed GM210M primers, Not a hot load either, I was getting 2835 fps ( 9fps ES), but very accurate. I am NOT a long range shooter, but managed 1.5" groups at 420 metres on a roe buck target with this load.

You may have to be careful with pressures on an old action, but the 1:9 twist certainly works for me in either calibre.

Best

P

sorry im a bit late getting back to you guys - severe dose of the flu this week. thanks for all your replies on the tikka. ive found this rifle to be very accurate for a factory rifle for foxing.this is my first year with my own centrefire and she has been faultless throughout the season- i havent missed a fox with it yet out to 200 yards, the only niggle i really have is with the trigger being a bit too heavy. the reason why i was looking for a good two stage trigger is because ive used daystate air rifles for years and i got a bit spoiled usind them for so long.ive a mk3 in .20 and the trigger in it is superb and if i could get my tikka trigger any near it i would be more than happy with the rifle.ive shot a fair few 22 centrefires over the years and i believe that the m595 is up there with any ones i have shot.great foxing rifle!

Err... Maybe Claret Dabbler on here knows a Man who could do you a trigger job over there in Ireland. If you're ever in Lancashire, again I'd recommend Redmist. He has done a great job on my Tikka695 action & trigger.

Best

Peter

sorry make that 226 yards. was writing that reply when i heard a fox caling down the back field.me and the brother went down and called her in a fair bit but she was a bit wary.took the shot thinking she was about the 200 markbut stepped her out to 226 yards! i kid you not!

Err... Maybe Claret Dabbler on here knows a Man who could do you a trigger job over there in Ireland. If you're ever in Lancashire, again I'd recommend Redmist. He has done a great job on my Tikka695 action & trigger.

Best

Peter

was on to claret dabbler (an absolute gentleman),will have to call up with him some day soon.he says he might be able to do something with my trigger for me and he only lives 30 minutes from me.some very genuine and like minded people on here

Conor, you are welcome to come up any weekend.

Reference Sako and Tikka triggers, they are relatively easy to adjust to make them lighter and a little crisper. A good smith will take the trigger apart and polish the bearing surfaces, and then reassemble to a very light trigger pull. It won't be a Jewell, but it will be close enough for a stalking / foxing rifle.

Chris Blackburn did my 260 and made a great job of it. The only complaint I had was he actually set it too light for my tastes, (about a 1 pound pull) particularly as I almost invariably wear gloves when stalking. I took it down and backed it off a little myself, to about 1.75lb which is just about right for me. The adjustment screw is now painted with red Revlon so hopefully will never move.

Last edited:
i no the gc trigger fits the t3 tikka i dont no if it fits the m595 though ? ask jacson rifles. but as the guy above said i dont think they stock them anymore. some other firm i think have took over the cg trigger and even though its the same its called something else

T3 shares the same trigger with the M590/595 and the M690/695 Tikka rifles.

Back