Fox Lamping Kit?

Good to hear that you like the new lamp flytie,
I picked mine up yesterday and i've just given it a quick scoot round with the 22. seems good so far, switch is a bit light to operate and i kept turning it on by accident. plenty bright enough for 200yd foxes and the dimming facility meens that it was good for the 22 as well. I have got a lightforce predator, a 140 and a blitz and they all serve a purpose but the new one is for solo outings when i just fancy going out for a quick walk round. if all else fails it's a hell of a torch.

Ezzy

Good to hear that you like the new lamp flytie,
I picked mine up yesterday and i've just given it a quick scoot round with the 22. seems good so far, switch is a bit light to operate and i kept turning it on by accident. plenty bright enough for 200yd foxes and the dimming facility meens that it was good for the 22 as well. I have got a lightforce predator, a 140 and a blitz and they all serve a purpose but the new one is for solo outings when i just fancy going out for a quick walk round. if all else fails it's a hell of a torch.
Ezzy

Ezzy, I can't believe how handy it is, the kit weighs next to nothing and makes going out a pleasure. I never got on with the big lamps before, especially in a wind, but the little Cluson is so bright and easy to use.

I think a big lamp is ideal for foxing from a vehicle, but I am very impressed with this little cluson!

Simon

Hiya FT,

Sounds like Cluson have fixed the problem with there torches and the cold weather. What sort of effective hunting bean is it giving off and how long does it last ???

If I remember right it gives off a good beam and the battery life wasn't bad either???

Hiya FT,

Sounds like Cluson have fixed the problem with there torches and the cold weather. What sort of effective hunting bean is it giving off and how long does it last ???

If I remember right it gives off a good beam and the battery life wasn't bad either???

Robbosam, I have been out twice with it, but only for a couple of hours each time. The time spent with the beam on full has not been very long so I could not give you a definative answer on battery length. All I can say is that I moved fields with it off and when I had moved kept scanning with the beam power reduced, then when I saw eyes I turned the beam off, set up on the sticks and popped it back on full power. Crack!

With the torch mounted well back on the scope I can reach the button easily with my thumb and flare has not been a problem. Two outings and two foxes, not outstanding but worth it.

Simon

Edit; sorry about this but I had already posted about beam length and i forgot to say again. Longest one shot so far was 203 paces, clearly visible to shoot.

Last edited:
Flytie

Glad to hear you are impressed with your new toy.
Looking forward to getting mine this summer, Happy hunting....

Back