Minox Optics

Peter Eaton

Can anyone please give me some advice on Minox binos? I am looking at maybe buying a set in 8 or 10 power. Need your views on wieght,build,light gathering and does the QCF range system work?? and any ideas of where the best deals are at moment?

Cheers

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I recently bought a pair of binos from Minox's budget range as a spare set to have in the car or when I don't have my good pair. 8x42 £169, bargain. I have heard reports that cheap Minoxes underperform in low light, however [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I used them a couple of times roe stalking early in the morning at Christmas and was pleasantly suprised by them. I have not done a direct comparison with my Leicas but they certainly punch above their weight for this price. Minox[/FONT] do sell other more expensive pairs which I have not used so cannot really comment on them. Lots of people on this site write favourably about Minox so hopefully someone will help you here?

Link to where I bought mine:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://www.acecameras.co.uk/asp/web/recorprod/1/product/15382/cat/1285/ph/cat/keywords/recor/1/SearchFor/PT_ID/1/product.asp[/FONT]

I hope this helps?

A friend picked up my Leupold wind Rivers and left his Minox by accident so I have been using a brand new set of these for the last few weeks and for the money you cant go wrong I recon the Leupolds are a bit more ergenomic and only slightly better opticaly but for £100 less you would expect them not to be quite as good but only a fag packet spliting them.

Dave

I've got a pair of Minox 7x42s and a minox scope and have to say i am very pleased with them both, Very good optics and well made. I don't think you can go far wrong with them.

Can anyone please give me some advice on Minox binos? I am looking at maybe buying a set in 8 or 10 power. Need your views on wieght,build,light gathering and does the QCF range system work?? and any ideas of where the best deals are at moment?

Cheers

I have a pair of 10x42's, they are great optics and work fine for me, I have no complaints.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I recently bought a pair of binos from Minox's budget range as a spare set to have in the car or when I don't have my good pair. 8x42 £169, bargain. I have heard reports that cheap Minoxes underperform in low light, however [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I used them a couple of times roe stalking early in the morning at Christmas and was pleasantly suprised by them. I have not done a direct comparison with my Leicas but they certainly punch above their weight for this price. Minox[/FONT] do sell other more expensive pairs which I have not used so cannot really comment on them. Lots of people on this site write favourably about Minox so hopefully someone will help you here?

Link to where I bought mine:

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]http://www.acecameras.co.uk/asp/web/recorprod/1/product/15382/cat/1285/ph/cat/keywords/recor/1/SearchFor/PT_ID/1/product.asp[/FONT]

I hope this helps?

I just recieved mine from Ace Cameras... and they've sent black ones!!!! Are the black/green interchangeable? I thought the black ones were a different model!?

Also, are they supposed to provide objective lense covers (as mine don't have any)!?!

Cheers

I have a pair of Minox 10x42's, I have been pleasantly surprised with them. I compared them to Swaro and Zeis at Catton Park game fair last year and to be honest I couldn't see much difference. Having said that I believe the best time to compare is at dusk and I have never done that so I cannot really give a good comparision.

I am very pleased with my Minox binos though, many rabbits, hares, foxes and Munties have been spotted with them.

Also, are they supposed to provide objective lense covers (as mine don't have any)!?!

So I wrote an email to Minox and...

[FONT=&quot]Dear Mr. Stig,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your mail and the interest in our products.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please tell me your address and I wil send you a pair of lens caps for free.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AW[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kundenservice/ Customer Service[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tel.: +49 (0)6441-917-620
Fax.:+49 (0)6441-917-601
E-Mail: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]MINOX[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [FONT=&quot]GmbH[/FONT]Walter-Zapp-Str.4
D-35578 Wetzlar[/FONT]

I have Minox HG 8x43 BR binos and they are very good in my opinion. I took them stalking for the first time this week and was very impressed by their capacity to pick out detail amongst the trees. The stalker who took me out (uses Swarovski binos) had a look through them and said he found them very good indeed.

Back