Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50 - Cheap??

Timney

I have just been looking on fleabay (as i often do!) and came across a zeiss duralyt 3-12x50 scope, brand new with all papers and box etc. I saw another one for sale by the same seller a few days ago and this sold for £491, so I asked the seller what the story was, and why he had relisted the item :-|. Apparently he has more than one of these scopes for sale and has said a few moments ago that if I was interested I could buy one off him for £450 "buy it now" delivered if I pay by Paypal - this would save him the fees of selling via ebay which is apparently about £40. This seems a real bargain, but I wasn't sure if this was too good to be true - £679 at Sportsman?

If anyone is interested it may be worth contacting the seller to find out more, I was more intrigued than interested and will not be parting with my cash just yet so everyone is more than welcome to try for it!! All I can say though is buyer beware and it may be worth asking all the right questions first before committing, but it could be that someone gets a real bargain here??

The link - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/zeiss-scope-/...Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item33645a6ddc

Timney

when things look to good to be true........

i cannot stand eBay any more, maybe im becoming more cynical as I get older :D

when things look to good to be true........
Yeah, I am the same - as I said buyer beware. I detest paying their exorbitant fees, but in honesty I have had some good equipment from there in the past. Trouble is nothing seems to be a bargain like it used to be, most auctions are commercial traders and postage kills it. I tend to buy stuff now that I can't be a*sed looking for in the shops, nic-nacs that I know will take me ages to find, it's far simpler sitting at your PC with a mug of coco and your comfy slippers on! :)
Timney

Its £555 posted from Uttings.
I would still buy Conquest from the states though.

Greg

checked ebay there and it is same seller i got one of ebay auction for £491 and its certainly brand new and genuine,not on a rifle yet as im waiting on new rifle but no complaints unless it falls apart after a couple of shots!!!

Last edited:
Well i had one off him and must say i am over the moon:D

checked ebay there and it is same seller i got one of ebay auction for £491 and its certainly brand new and genuine,not on a rifle yet as im waiting on new rifle but no complaints unless it falls apart after a couple of shots!!!

Well done lads, hope it all works out for you. It's good to see that there are still some bargains to be had.:thumb:
Timney

I have started to hate SleazyBay as well. Ordered my Lee Classic Loader from US, which was fine, except for the £4 Customs duty, and £8 in Customs Handling Fee's, and £5 in petrol to the local PO, and £1 in parking. Oh, and the F'ing seller separately posted the chamfer tool AND the primer pocket cleaner, so that's £1 each in Customs Duty, £8 each in Customs Handling fee's, and £6 in parking and petrol - as these two came a different day. Total cost on Ebay £34. total cost to me in the end £60..

thanks you f****rs...

The fleabay seller referred to above has had Zeiss 'scopes on sale on and off over the last few months without any negative feedback and paying by P'pal will give you some protection if it goes tits up.

I guess the only thing that might, possibly, be a problem is if they're not official UK imports and you send it back under warranty - although, once registered, you do have a world-wide warranty.

Back