Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleted by User

My mate bought a sausage maker from some outfit called "the sausage company" I think thats right anyway, do a search online or maybe ebay, he got a hand mincer, a book on how to make them , all the bits and bobs skins, and rusk, spices etc was about thirty quids
    He took it to Thailand and does his ownwhile over there now swears by it even sells a few extra to his mates.

My local butcher hangs deer for me, then joints and makes burgers /sausage from the small bits

charged me 15 for the last two I dropped in. ie 7.50 each??

I dont think I can be bothered to start.

Got my own sausage maker.,hog skin's to match ! basic 1/3rd lean 2/3rd PORK FAT (deer fat no good sticks to your palete)maybe some rusk . 9oz per kilo, seasoning! go to recipes ! than you got a head start.
    #trapper

I make burgers all the time for the BBQ. I would not use a hand mincer though, far too lazy for that. I put it in the top and press the button. Hey presto, mince that looks like it just came from sainsburys!

I'm just an old fashioned kinda guy like me butch hand mincer makes me feel all manly

hi pete
    i make both sausage and burgers but tend to lean more towards the burgers as less equipment needed and easier to make
    next lot i do i will take a few pics and a little write up about the method and ingredients ,
    unless some one else on here beats me to it,
    they are welcome to if they want

bobt
    any chance of a number for your butcher
    deal like that, i don't think i would go to the trouble of doing it myself either
    jammy beggar

I hot smoke fillets of roe, it's good but would recommend a good marindade (not wine) and not smoking very long otherwise it dries out.