Deleted by User

My mate bought a sausage maker from some outfit called "the sausage company" I think thats right anyway, do a search online or maybe ebay, he got a hand mincer, a book on how to make them , all the bits and bobs skins, and rusk, spices etc was about thirty quids
He took it to Thailand and does his ownwhile over there now swears by it even sells a few extra to his mates.

My local butcher hangs deer for me, then joints and makes burgers /sausage from the small bits

charged me £15 for the last two I dropped in. ie £7.50 each??

I dont think I can be bothered to start. :lol:

Got my own sausage maker.,hog skin's to match ! :lol: basic 1/3rd lean 2/3rd PORK FAT (deer fat no good sticks to your palete)maybe some rusk . 9oz per kilo, seasoning! go to recipes ! than you got a head start.
#trapper

I make burgers all the time for the BBQ. I would not use a hand mincer though, far too lazy for that. I put it in the top and press the button. Hey presto, mince that looks like it just came from sainsburys!

hi pete
i make both sausage and burgers but tend to lean more towards the burgers as less equipment needed and easier to make
next lot i do i will take a few pics and a little write up about the method and ingredients ,
unless some one else on here beats me to it,
they are welcome to if they want

bobt
any chance of a number for your butcher :lol:
deal like that, i don't think i would go to the trouble of doing it myself either
jammy beggar :lol:

I hot smoke fillets of roe, it's good but would recommend a good marindade (not wine) and not smoking very long otherwise it dries out.

Venison burgers/ sausages

LIDL's are advertising a 500W electric mincer/sausage maker in next Thursdays (17th July) offers for £29.99 - seems worth a try at that price.
:rolleyes:

Pete E said:
Nick,

I was actually wondering if roe venison would make good biltong???
not that i hav ever tried it with roe ,
but i can't see any reason why not, as the carcass will strip the same and the flavour of roe should compliment well with any marinade used
got to be worth a try

Pete e
haunch is best!
try the recipes link I just put jerky on it , anyone got better please post as I like to have a go .
Trapper

pete e as tony c mentions about lidls . we bought one from there coupleof months ago bloody brilliant well made easy to clean worth the money and some .

venison & sausages

Pete E said:
Tony,

Somebody else i know recommended ones of those..Apparently that have a 2 year warranty.

That said, I can't see the offer on their web site?

Regards,

Pete

Pete
sorry got the date wrong - on sale from 17th july
Tonyc

recipes

Go to the recipes page, I have put a recipe in there for both burger and sausage.

If you need seasoning I can get you some to try at a small charge.

Or just ask your butcher for pork seasoning

J

Re: recipes

jingzy said:
Go to the recipes page, I have put a recipe in there for both burger and sausage.

If you need seasoning I can get you some to try at a small charge.

Or just ask your butcher for pork seasoning

J
jingzy
just a query why do you use so much pork and pork seasoning in your sausage ?

I always use a parcentage of belly pork in all my burgers. I find that venison always needs that extra of fat to keep it moist. Whenever I do a roast, I always wrap the surface with streaky bacon. Perfect!!!!!

recipes

The recipes I use were provided by a supplier to the catering industry.

My quantities of pork are for what I consider required for a good moist burger or sausage. You can vary this if required. I use pork shoulder as I believe it will have a more steady amount of fat within it. Pork belly can have by looking at it 20% up to 70% fat. This will give you a less consistent result. Many people use belly and there is nothing wrong with it.

The seasoning is set at 2.5% as this is the way it is designed. This gives the burger or sausage longevity in the freezer and will bring the best out of the product.

The pork may seem high, but when it is calculated out the burger has 25% pork content and the sausages 37%

Hope this helps.

Back