Thread: Left handed 243 synthetic

Left handed 243 synthetic

I have been asked by a friend if anyone has a left handed synthetic 243, probably stainless knowing him. He has thought of going down the custom route because he's a lefty, however who does a left handed rifle as above, do Browning do one, or Howa, any advise appreciated by him and me as always. deerwarden

There might be someone on here who has a secondhand lefthand synthetic for sale, but that is a VERY rare bird to source. With only 2-3% of the product line to choose from, lefthanders tend to hang on to the few rifles they can get hold of. Synthetics in a true lefthand action have only recently become available so that's another problem.

You ask if anyone does one so I take it you're considering 'New'. The only candidates here I can think of are the Tikka T3 in blue/synthetic & stainless/synthetic, and the Savage FLSS basic hunter series.

Hope this helps.

Have a look on guntrader at Rifles, Bolt action, .243, then refine search by the 'cast' button. There are 10 on there at present:

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/results.php?&Filter[NewType][]=Rifle&Filter[NewMechanism][]=Bolt%20Action&Filter[Calibre][]=.243&Filter[Orientation][]=Left%20Handed

The Mauser looks nice but it is almost 3000!

It gives you an idea of what makers do left handers though.
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by deerwarden View Post
    I have been asked by a friend if anyone has a left handed synthetic 243, probably stainless knowing him. He has thought of going down the custom route because he's a lefty, however who does a left handed rifle as above, do Browning do one, or Howa, any advise appreciated by him and me as always. deerwarden
    ah another one of gods chosen riflemen !

philip webster has a new tikka t3 lite synthetic lefty in 6.5x55 for 710 ish was in there today .

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

If I had a slot for a .243 being a lefty i'd snap something like this up, I don't need one but would love it if i had a slot.

CLICK ME

George

SD Regular
    As per Lee, glad to see another of the southpaw brigade stepping up. I have been trying to source rifles for some time - and have just completed the current line up - but as a part of that had to do quite a bit of homework!
    As stated previously, there are a few 243's on Guntrader. Tikka and Savage have already been mentioned and Titan also do one. Ruger also do a Hawkeye stainless laminate that would need to be ordered - but it is gorgeous! There's a Ruger synthetic stainless here: guntrader.co.uk - Ruger .243 M77 Mk II Bolt Action New Rifle

Of the other lefties about, Remington and older Sako - but these are I think wood stock.

Howa do not do left hand at all and nor do Browning, despite their website saying so.

Hope this helps - feel free to get in touch if you need more info.
    Cheers

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........