13 20.63%
  • I am DMQ Level 1 working to Level 2 and WILL shoot FC Land

17 26.98%
  • I am DMQ Level 1 working to level 2 and Will NOT shoot FC Land

8 12.70%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DMQ Level 2

DMQ Level 2

I am posting this poll in response to the FC moving the goalposts with new rules and regulations for deer control leases.

It does seen that they are trying to marginalise the stalkers so that it is all done "in house".

This would keep the public happy as they are not over keen on folk walking through the woods with high velicity rifles shoting bambi.

The fact that DMQ is voluntary and has had poor take up has resulted in our masters making the rules tighter and forcing the issue.

I am not seeking to provoke.

Me:

I have DMQ Level 2 and will not work with the FC in Scotland unless they pay me.
    Last edited by dieseldan; 20-01-2011 at 09:17.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldan View Post
    I am posting this poll in response to the FC moving the goalposts with new rules and regulations for deer control leases.

It does seen that they are trying to marginalise the stalkers so that it is all done "in house".

This would keep the public happy as they are not over keen on folk walking through the woods with high velicity rifles shoting bambi.

The fact that DMQ is voluntary and has had poor take up has resulted in our masters making the rules tighter and forcing the issue.

I am not seeking to provoke.

Me:

I have DMQ Level 2 and will not work with the FC in Scotland unless they pay me.

I am DSC2 registered
    Under the present rules and scheme I have no intention of being involved in the scheme but would review my position should things change.

I applied for my protfolio and recieved it just before Christmas. I have no problems with the FC schemes in England at the present. I reserve the right to change my opinion should circumstances change.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I recently gained level two after being prompted by the leaseholder of our FC syndicate. I have had plenty of sport in the syndicate and only have good things to say about it.

My portfolio will be completed soon and I see no reason to restrict myself from shooting on FC land should the opportunity arise
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Holding a level 2 i would definately shoot fc land
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Established Poster
    Registered for DSC level 2 so I can specifically shoot not just FC land that requests this qualification, but any other entity that may require it. As another poster has said, no need for self imposed restrictions and in my personal opinion, I feel that the DSC level 2 is a decent system ( I know others dont agree but this is quite simply, my opinion).
    Each to their own though.

Quote Originally Posted by oilmanjd View Post
    Registered for DSC level 2 so I can specifically shoot not just FC land that requests this qualification, but any other entity that may require it. As another poster has said, no need for self imposed restrictions and in my personal opinion, I feel that the DSC level 2 is a decent system ( I know others dont agree but this is quite simply, my opinion).
    Each to their own though.
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Quote Originally Posted by dieseldan View Post
    can you explain the grounds for that statement. pmif you wish as every time a fc thread starts it ends in voodoo dolls and witch hunts.

as for my position,

I have L1 and will have completed my L2 by end of Feb. (one hopes) i hope to shoot forestry land asap, either as a syndicate place or as a lease holder ( in due course)

I have level 1 and received my portfolio for progression to Level 2 to allow me to access FC syndicates/lease without need for Level 2 accompianment.

As the FC or any other forest owner are a business in the eyes of the HSE, they are subject to the Health & Safety at Work etc Act and with stalkers on their ground being an 'undertaking' , both the FC have to ensure that the undertaking is competent and comply with the HASWA and we (stalkers) have to provide Risk Assessments and Method Statements to comply and show competence. Its part of the society we live and work in!