Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You know you're a nuisance to the licensing dept when....

You know you're a nuisance to the licensing dept when....

I had my FEO round today for a renewal.

She said, "Oh we saw you in the pub when we were having our works Xmas do. The office girls recognised you."

I don't think I've ever met any of the office girls.

Must be my rugged good looks eh?

Just shows, they do look at the photos even if it is only to have a laugh

I can just imagine a gaggle of girls on a rainy day with no work at hand -

" come on girls, lets dig out the latest FC applications and have a laugh"

I phoned our licensing manager in Belfast, he knew my PID number off the cuff without me quoting it to him - I was impressed....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Our local PC - a young woman - came around to do the required check on our premises and go through the forms, piece-by-piece. Fair enough, but with a little smile she told me that the cheque which I had included with my renewal forms, sent to the licensing dept. had bounced.

Lovely job. We were in the process of changing banks and by the time my bumph was taken out for processing, the cheque was obsolete.
    Opinions often differ according to unknown circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by kingstonandy View Post
    Must be my rugged good looks eh?
    Either that or they've got a Pubwatch type of 'Rogues Gallery' poster pinned to the back of the office door.

Hmmm lets see nuisance................................hmmm a bunch of so called civil servants who without us would not have a job and were a nuisance .

It's about time they realised that we actually pay their wages and that they are darned lucky to have ajob where they don't need to know the first thing abotu what their doing and can make up stupid idea and further restrictions as they go along.

Having been into the office on several occasions and on the Police stand at the BASC roadshow I am sure the Girls there know me by sight. Of course the poor dears who actually do the work of processing the licences don't get to make the stupid ideas up.................................... Oh no that's down to the higher ups and the FEO's .

Better not try to say you dont drink then

Ha, I called my local girls at the office to try to give them a bit of Blarney and see if I could get my FAC chivvied through. The ladies love the accent. Shame they don't love the rest of me. I digress.
    Anyway I phoned the ladies up and it was a bloke. Damn. I didn't bother to try.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Hmmm lets see nuisance................................hmmm a bunch of so called civil servants who without us would not have a job and were a nuisance .

It's about time they realised that we actually pay their wages and that they are darned lucky to have ajob where they don't need to know the first thing abotu what their doing and can make up stupid idea and further restrictions as they go along.
    My customers pay my wages but that doesn't mean that some of them aren't a pain in the b*tt.

The folder bearing my details has it's own filing cabinet, in their offices.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!