You know you're a nuisance to the licensing dept when....

kingstonandy

I had my FEO round today for a renewal.

She said, "Oh we saw you in the pub when we were having our works Xmas do. The office girls recognised you."

I don't think I've ever met any of the office girls. :oops:

Must be my rugged good looks eh?

Just shows, they do look at the photos even if it is only to have a laugh:D

I can just imagine a gaggle of girls on a rainy day with no work at hand -

" come on girls, lets dig out the latest FC applications and have a laugh":lol:

I phoned our licensing manager in Belfast, he knew my PID number off the cuff without me quoting it to him - I was impressed....

Our local PC - a young woman - came around to do the required check on our premises and go through the forms, piece-by-piece. Fair enough, but with a little smile she told me that the cheque which I had included with my renewal forms, sent to the licensing dept. had bounced.

Lovely job. We were in the process of changing banks and by the time my bumph was taken out for processing, the cheque was obsolete.

Hmmm lets see nuisance................................hmmm a bunch of so called civil servants who without us would not have a job and were a nuisance :doh:.

It's about time they realised that we actually pay their wages and that they are darned lucky to have ajob where they don't need to know the first thing abotu what their doing and can make up stupid idea and further restrictions as they go along.

Having been into the office on several occasions and on the Police stand at the BASC roadshow I am sure the Girls there know me by sight. Of course the poor dears who actually do the work of processing the licences don't get to make the stupid ideas up.................................... Oh no that's down to the higher ups and the FEO's :cuckoo:.

Ha, I called my local girls at the office to try to give them a bit of Blarney and see if I could get my FAC chivvied through. The ladies love the accent. Shame they don't love the rest of me. I digress.
Anyway I phoned the ladies up and it was a bloke. Damn. I didn't bother to try.:rolleyes:

Hmmm lets see nuisance................................hmmm a bunch of so called civil servants who without us would not have a job and were a nuisance :doh:.

It's about time they realised that we actually pay their wages and that they are darned lucky to have ajob where they don't need to know the first thing abotu what their doing and can make up stupid idea and further restrictions as they go along.

My customers pay my wages but that doesn't mean that some of them aren't a pain in the b*tt. :D

The problem with those photos is that you aren't really supposed to smile, but then you don't want to look particularly angry or sullen either... You're sitting in the booth in the foyer of the Co Op trying to pull a serious but responsible/friendly face and invariably the result is that you end up looking like a psycho! :eek:

Or is that just me? :oops:

Last edited:
The problem with those photos is that you aren't really supposed to smile, but then you don't want to look particularly angry or sullen either... You're sitting in the booth in the foyer of the Co Op trying to pull a serious but responsible/friendly face and invariably the result is that you end up looking like a psycho! :eek:

Or is that just me? :oops:

Nope.

There is a particular look, I call it the sex-offender-in-an-alien-abduction face, that the FAC photo seems to encourage.

Another important lesson is to keep the same facial hair style as in the photo every time you use your FAC to buy ammo or guns.

Andy,

Wel I know i'm a favourite as FEOs seem only to visit me in pairs. Even for increases in ammunition holdings I get the full VIP treatment....

When I last renewed I got the ticket back and had a sudden realisation that I knew the face from somewhere....I look like Uncle Fester! Doh!

Having been into the office on several occasions and on the Police stand at the BASC roadshow I am sure the Girls there know me by sight. Of course the poor dears who actually do the work of processing the licences don't get to make the stupid ideas up.................................... Oh no that's down to the higher ups and the FEO's :cuckoo:.

Does that chip on your shoulder ever get heavy?

ah but I see Staffs are getting it right now - variation put in on Tuesday - it was signed off Tuesday and posted back On Wednesday! hit the mat on Friday - now that is good service from them!!

My last variation took 7 weeks.

Mike

Back