Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: permission letter

Lightbulb permission letter

Hi all anybody got any ideas what i should put in a letter for the land owner to sing tomorrow giving me the shooting rights.....leaving it a wee bit gone there the morn

BASC web site mate, there some templates on there.

good luck
    SS

This is the text of mine.

Cheers

Chris

Grant of Permission to Shoot Deer, Fox, Vermin & Avian Species

This is to confirm that:

Insert your name (of)
    Insert your address

Has in the form of this written notice, duly signed & authorised by me, been granted permission to shoot using Centrefire Rifle, Deer & Fox & using Rimfire Rifle & Shotgun Vermin & Avian species on land situated at:

Insert land address or co-ordinates

By myself:

Insert landowners name (of)
    Insert landowners address

Being the rightful and legal owner of the above-mentioned land.

I understand that ...insert your name... when on the land will adhere to any rules or restrictions given by me, the landowner mentioned above.

Signed:

Dated:
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Thanks it will be very usefull today ......alan

Thanks very useful to all

Hi Chris, that letter is very well written mate short and to the point.
    well done
    ajr

Possibly and possibly not.
    That would NOT allow you to use the centrefire for vermin and avian species.
    Most of my feathered vermin will not sit at a range suitable for my .22 rimfire so consequently I use the .222 or
    whatever other rifle is in my hand at the time. [ .270 , 6.5X55 or .308 ].
    My FAC states `the lawful shooting of deer and the shooting of vermin or, in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife`.
    Another clause states `shall be used for shooting deer, fox and vermin and for zeroing on ranges, or land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot`.

So far this year with 4 outings I have shot 20 Carrions, 2 Magpies and 1 Rook with c/f rifles. [ missed 1 Maggy and 3 Carrions ! ]

HWH.

Agreed, the wording on the letter as quoted provides some uneccessary self-imposed restrictions. Better to keep it as open as possible and let the permission holder make the decisions about which firearm is suitable/legal for any given quarry - even if the FAC at the time is not as open as you would like, having the permission 'open' might well help with any future variation or application you make.

Something like this:

"Has in the form of this written notice, duly signed & authorised by me, been granted permission to shoot using Centrefire Rifle, Rimfire Rifle, Shotgun, Air Rifle, (where legal and appropriate), Deer, Fox, Vermin, Avian species, ground game, and any other legal quarry on land situated at:"

Should cover most of the bases - including 'Big Cat'

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    Possibly and possibly not. That would NOT allow you to use the centrefire for vermin and avian species. Most of my feathered vermin will not sit at a range suitable for my .22 rimfire so consequently I use the .222 or whatever other rifle is in my hand at the time. [ .270 , 6.5X55 or .308 ]. My FAC states `the lawful shooting of deer and the shooting of vermin or, in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife`. Another clause states `shall be used for shooting deer, fox and vermin and for zeroing on ranges, or land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot`.

So far this year with 4 outings I have shot 20 Carrions, 2 Magpies and 1 Rook with c/f rifles. [ missed 1 Maggy and 3 Carrions ! ]

HWH.
    Cannot see the problem with the "rimfire" statement, my FAC is open but I use .17HMR for all rabbit, crow, rook etc out to 200 yards on a still day, over & above that I don't worry as they will keep for another day. I wouldn't waste one of my .22-250 or 6.5x55 rounds on anything with feathers anyway!

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Rob; 23-02-2011 at 05:17.
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rob View Post
    Cannot see the problem with the "rimfire" statement, my FAC is open but I use .17HMR for all rabbit, crow, rook etc out to 200 yards on a still day, over & above that I don't worry as they will keep for another day. I wouldn't waste one of my .22-250 or 6.5x55 rounds on anything with feathers anyway!

Chris
    Most of my stalking and general shooting is in the Lake District where the sheep are mainly Swaledales and Herdwicks.
    Last year one of my farmer friends sold a Swaledale ram for 34,000. [ The record price is currently in excess of 101,000. ]
    The animal sold may have had its eyes pecked out or its navel unzipped whilst a lamb by a Carrion crow had we not had a program of eliminating as many Carrions as possible.
    These are cunning mountain crows which will not sit at a range compatible with a rimfire rifle so I use more fire-power.
    I get far more satisfaction zapping them than relatively harmless Deer. The free shooting permissions are worth far more than the cost of re-loaded bullets.
    Unfortunately I have lost my driving licence due to Glaucoma but I still get lifts out with friends sometimes, this situation however has severely curtailed my activities.

HWH.