Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: young lads eny

young lads eny

I bought my first gun a BSA Meteor 177 when I was 14, my best mate Barry and I could light red matches at 10 yards every time we ran hundreds of pellots through them, 51 years later, I just bought the gun we always yearned for a BSA Airsporter, a model S, about 30 years old, haven't picked it up to see s/no for date of manufacture, the MK 1 were the iconic, but this looks in mint condition, What were your introduction into rifle shooting, my first was a Diana Mod 2, at 13, then hooked, I know the Beezar isn't as powerfull as my HW 35e which I put a maximiser kit into, but it has that classic look, should it need serviceing any ideas on parts etc. deerwarden
    Last edited by deerwarden; 21-01-2011 at 21:33. Reason: can't change eny to envy bugger

I started with a .177 BSA cadet Major, and then went on to .22 Mk1 BSA airsporter!
    I think it was made in 1951 and had the auto pellet tap which opened when cocking the underlever. Had some rabbits with that one - open sights too! Sadly sold it to help purchase my first rifle!
    I've recently acquired a Mk 1 BSA Meteor with open sights which seems to be incredibly powerful!
    I could do with selling it really if anyone wants to re-live their youth!
    I also had Diana SP50 Gat-guns, webley junior pistol, numerous catapults, bows, dutch arrows, generally anything that could hurt or maim!

Funnily enough i never had a meteor. My first was a webly falcon (webleys version of the Meteor) I still have the Webley but it's a bit ratty these days. I have got an Airsporter (pre scope groove) and it's the nicest air rifle i have ever handled and has perfect iron sights. It still gets the odd night out on the rabbits when i'm feeling nostalgic but it's a mint example so It doesnt get taken out much. the first serious hunting air rifle that i had was a Webley eclipse that i had for my 11th birthday, dad used to buy me 500 eley wasps every week when him and mum went shopping. i dread to think how much lead must be in the earth at the bottom of the garden at my dads house ( i had a small bell hanging in the tree that i used to shoot at, it's still hanging there now but it's a bit rusty). The Eclipse went in PX for my first Brno 22 when i was 16. I suppose those airguns started it all,

Ezzy

I learnt to shoot using my uncles .22 BSA Meteor (not sure what Mk) with open sites sometime in the early 80's. I remember being barely able to cock it on my own. Eventually the plastic rear site became brittle and split under the tension from the spring and I got a .22 BSA superstar for my 15th birthday. I still have the Superstar!

BLIMEY!!! I hava a double on this forum :-)

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I started with a .177 BSA cadet Major, and then went on to .22 Mk1 BSA airsporter!
    I think it was made in 1951 and had the auto pellet tap which opened when cocking the underlever. Had some rabbits with that one - open sights too! Sadly sold it to help purchase my first rifle!
    I've recently acquired a Mk 1 BSA Meteor with open sights which seems to be incredibly powerful!
    I could do with selling it really if anyone wants to re-live their youth!
    I also had Diana SP50 Gat-guns, webley junior pistol, numerous catapults, bows, dutch arrows, generally anything that could hurt or maim!

Quote Originally Posted by Milly View Post
    BLIMEY!!! I hava a double on this forum :-)

Fred
    Forgot to say that I still have an old cast Milbro catapult complete with billiard table elastic. I also have a scar on my shin where I "caught" a dutch arrow
    that burried itself up to the nut that was screwed on the end for a weight.

Whats a dutch arrow, we used to throw a stick with a piece of string attached via a loop in the end to give it momentum, is that a dutch arrow. deerwarden

At my grandparents was a BSA cadet - used by me and cousins to shoot lots of sparrows, rats and starlings around the hen houses. Then for my 13th birthday was given a BSA airsporter with scope groves (1982) - it had thousands of pellets through it and still going strong. Still down webly folks and still takes a fair few rabbits.

Yep, that's a dutch arrow!
    Nothing to do with a Dutch barn, and less smelly than a Dutch oven!
    Who remembers 'Bolt Bombs' then?
    It's amazing some of us are still alive eh?
    MS

First a catapult then a BSA meteor with two rounds of Mr warburtons finest on the shed roof......
    Your a long time dead..GET OUT THERE.