Warning re 95 gr 6.5 mm V Max

deerman
i have shot plenty of roe and fallow with the 100 grn and find them very very good very little meat damage and seem to get very tight groups and very consistant , if you want i will dig out the data and pm it to you

deerman
i have shot plenty of roe and fallow with the 100 grn and find them very very good very little meat damage and seem to get very tight groups and very consistant , if you want i will dig out the data and pm it to you

Yes please! Thanks.

deerman

65x55, please could i be cheeky and ask for the data too?

Many thanks, Simon

I use V max exclusively in both .223 and .243. With the correct loading they are v v accurate. I must say the picture is quite graphic and explosive and agree if a bit furthrer foreward might not have been that bad. Often it is a case of matching the bullet/load/rifle to get the best accurace and terminal effect.

D

Deer Man, tried 100 grain 6.5 BTs on roe. The first two were neck shots and ok. The next outing I encountered two does and heart shots. The first one fell immediately, but the second stumbled and went down, but was moving for a couple of minutes until still. It was dead when I got up to it but on skinning it, I found the whole of the impact side was bruised and the skin lifted. The bullet had blown and although some had hit the heart, I found fragments in the shoulder and all along the flank.
I used the rest of my loaded rounds in competition and gave the remainder back to the gun shop.

Good job it was a V-Max out of a deer rifle given the shot placement. Sorry to sound critical but its another example of double standards, two inches out on a deer and you are run down as a chancer who takes shots beyond their ability, eight inches out on a fox and its 'well done'. JC

WOW, now thats a mess....Just about to take receipt of a 6.5x55 rifle and have been given some 95g Vmax(thanks biglad) which im planning to use on Fox. Will make sure I take some plastic carrier bags out with me!!!

Last edited:
Back