Thread: reloading press

reloading press

Hi folks
    I've just done this in the classifieds, but I thought some of you reloaders may never get out of this section () - so for what it's worth- has anyone got a spare or second , unwanted press kicking around that they'd like to swap for cash - I don't mind what it is. I've just been given a set of 7/08 dies by the guy who sold me his gun, and a load of brass. As some of you will have read I've been looking at the Lee Loader but not available in 7/08 so I'm gently going down the "Technical" route.

All the best Tom
    Last edited by devonoak; 22-01-2011 at 20:03. Reason: spelling

Established Poster
    Not many reloaders have unwanted presses we usually find a use for it I have three and could find use for a couple more,
    I've used a Lee Loader nearly put me off reloading, sooner or later you would need to full length size your cases and
    would have to buy a press, you are doing the right thing asking here some one may have a press they can spare.
    Good luck with your reloading a very rewarding part of shooting.
    Robert.

I just got a great deal from the Lee Factory Outlett in America. I ordered their new Classic Cast Brechlock press with a few other biots and pieces. No import duty but I did get stung for VAT. Quite a bit cheaper and got a press that is not even available in this country yet.

Ian

abit more dosh but go get yourself a redding big boss two press or a rcbs rockchucker mate they will last a life time. there abit of dosh now but good money in the long run

Established Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jay 22 View Post
    abit more dosh but go get yourself a redding big boss two press or a rcbs rockchucker mate they will last a life time. there abit of dosh now but good money in the long run
    Or you could really lash out and buy a Redding T7, It takes 3 sets of rifle dies with a spare hole,
    Just joking that's my dream setup,
    If you can scrounge up the cash the Redding Big Boss two is the bees knees, plenty of places in the Sates will export Sinclair Intl for starters
    Robert.

thats where im going to get my next order from. even with shipping fees and import tax it should work out cheaper. they say you should use shops here to help them out. but with the prices of the stuff here lately ! can you really see people not buying from the states.

sinclair's are very helpful. just make sure they have all what you want

Established Poster
    We have the same problem here in New Zealand with retailers not stocking anything and not able or willing to get what you want
    and then have the cheek to complain about internet purchases,
    If I can order stuff from the US and get it here in a couple of weeks so can they.
    Sinclair are great, I also use Graf & sons some times they are cheaper than Sinclair, it pays to check both sites to see whats
    in stock and the best price.

Robert.

if moneys tight have you thought about the Lee hand press?
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

+1 on Lee Factory shop, up to a 1/3 off on a lot of stuff.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money look around for a Lee anniversary kit. As you already have the cases and dies etc this kit will just about be all you need. The price in this country is about 100 but maybe you can do better on the internet. It's not the best kit in the world but it does the job and if you decide to upgrade at a later date you won't loose much on the deal. I've bought from the Lee factory outlet and can honestly say the service was good, actually faster than ordering in this country but you may get hit for duties and transport etc. so do your homework.