Having a scratch

thomas

Took these videos with my trailcam. I have plastered a few trees with some stockholm tar, and they get visited regularly by boar wanting to have a scratch! To give you some indication of scale, the top of the dark patch of tar seen on the tree is about 1100mm above the ground.

Last edited:
Hi Eddy
That is exactly 5 5/8 inches above the waistband of my jeans
Nice pictures by the way
Geordie

Ahh, now I understand, about 3' 7" ish, in proper measurments:)
Geordie, do you wear your jeans like Mr Cowell or like normal people:lol:

Glad you liked them grizzley davey. Did you click on the picture to watch the videos? He seems so relaxed, great bit where he lies down against the tree.....

ATB

Tom

Those are great vids Thomas. :thumb:

Have you submitted them to Martin Goulding for inclusion on the British Wild Boar website?

Hello Orion,

Glad you liked them.

No I haven't submitted them to Dr Goulding. I did half think about emailing them across, as most of the videos on his site are daytime viewings, so they may be of interest to someone.

ATB

Tom

Glad you liked them grizzley davey. Did you click on the picture to watch the videos? He seems so relaxed, great bit where he lies down against the tree.....

ATB

Tom

Hi Tom,

Great footage, wish I had boar on my ground!!! Although I am sure the landlords don't!!!

I have some friends who have some land in Germany, they want me to get them some IR camera's for when they visit in February. Everything is twice as expensive in The Netherlands and Germany that it is in the UK. They need 3, at least.

As your footage looks so clear, I am going to e-mail them the link. Can you tell me what make and model your camera is and also what range the camera was away from the tree? Also what kind of price they would expect to pay.

Sorry for all the questions, hope you are happy to help.

Cheers

Ross

Hello Ross,

I picked my camera up in the USA about a year or so ago, it's made by Busnell. I can't remember what I paid, but I don't think it would have been much more than $200.00.

There are a few different trailcams available in the UK, and I know that Nikko do a good model. There are some fancy ones now that have a built in screen from which to replay your footage, or as with mine you can connect with a cable (supplied) to your laptop or PC otherwise you could use a card reader. I took a sneak peak in wholesale catalogue in my local RFD and the basic Nikko ones are about £80.00 with a RRP of around £160.00 to give you some idea of price. I also attach a link to Amazon.

Amazon.co.uk: trail camera

The camera was positioned about 5 feet off the ground and about 15 feet from the target tree.

Hope this helps.

ATB

Tom

Last edited:
Back