Thread: Moulting problem solved

Moulting problem solved

Quite a while ago now i asked about why my Lab was constantly moulting. I was given great advice which turned out to be the fact the bitch lived in doors so the problem was blamed on the central heating.

I thought that there must be something to be done and found a great product which stopped it. The product is called `moult and coat`and is like cod liver oil type stuff, I give my dog 10mls every morning in her food and within a few days along with stripping her out and brushing, the moulting stopped.

I don`t know if this has been covered before or people with the same problem already know about it but thought it was worth a mention.

I have no connection with this product at all so have nothing to gain by promoting it.

wadas

Thanks my Gwp has a few coat problems this may be worth a try

hi wadas, another solution is a spoonfull of cheap margarine in the dogs food dailly also works wonders for their coats.regards Tam

Good tip Laird, will try it. Is it only the cheap stuff or will the more "buttery" stuff do the trick also ?

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Good tip Laird, will try it. Is it only the cheap stuff or will the more "buttery" stuff do the trick also ?
    Our lab had the same problem. Our vet said 1tsp cooking oil (rapeseed oil) in the feed every day. Problem solved.

Are you taking it Wadas? it might help with the greying thatch

now on the lookout for incoming!

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

hi Prometheus,when i was given this tip i was told the cheaper the better, which was fine by me with seven dogs at the time .but as tamus says his vet advised 1tsp of cooking oil and that worked for him it seems like it's all about getting some extra vegetable oil on board so i'm pretty sure they will all help.regards Tam

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Are you taking it Wadas? it might help with the greying thatch

now on the lookout for incoming!

John
    Now now John, nowt wrong with my grey thatch, i tell ya.

Cooking oil, i`ll give it a try and that`ll be more money in old wadas`s pocket instead of 4 quid every few weeks.

Cheers guys.

wadas