Sako 75 Finnlight laminate stock?

flytie

Gentlemen, has anyone replaced their Sako 75 Finnlight stock with a laminate one?

I do not really like my stock and prefer the Sako brown laminate stocks, where would be the best place to source one? What sort of price are we looking at?

Thanks in advance, Simon

Gentlemen, has anyone replaced their Sako 75 Finnlight stock with a laminate one?

I do not really like my stock and prefer the Sako brown laminate stocks, where would be the best place to source one? What sort of price are we looking at?

Thanks in advance, Simon
Best place to find one Simon would be phone around the custom builders they are always ripping apart 75`s just for the actions, at the Midland gamefare Chris Blackburn of UK Gunworks had quite a few 75 stocks all around the £70-£85 mark I did not notice a laminate but then again I was not looking, its worth giving him a call even if he has not got one he may have a better chance of sourcing one than you or I.

Best place to find one Simon would be phone around the custom builders they are always ripping apart 75`s just for the actions, at the Midland gamefare Chris Blackburn of UK Gunworks had quite a few 75 stocks all around the £70-£85 mark I did not notice a laminate but then again I was not looking, its worth giving him a call even if he has not got one he may have a better chance of sourcing one than you or I.

Pierred, many thanks for the post, not a name I was familiar with so well worth a phone call. Steve Bowers is always using 75 actions too, so the gunsmith/riflesmith route may be my only source of information.

I just wondered if anyone had swapped from plastic to laminate in a Finnlite and could advise me?

Regards, Simon

stock

Hi

I enquired about this and gmk will charge the princely sum of 650 for a laminte. I am selling my 75 and buying an 85 as it works out cheaper. The other problem with the brown laminated stock is this is the heavier varmint barrel.

Good luck

Steve

Hi

I enquired about this and gmk will charge the princely sum of 650 for a laminte. I am selling my 75 and buying an 85 as it works out cheaper. The other problem with the brown laminated stock is this is the heavier varmint barrel.

Good luck

Steve

:eek: Why I am surprised that GMK want to rip people off to that extent :eek: Just dozy I suppose :confused: I have been looking on the web at laminate stocks from an English firm but have yet to see one I like as much as the brown Sako one.

I have wondered, probably wrongly knowing me, if the fluted barrel on the Varmint is the same as on the Finnlight? I know the action would fit, but would the slight difference in barrel thickness make it look unsightly, if the Finnlight barrel was slightly smaller?

Simon

:eek: Why I am surprised that GMK want to rip people off to that extent :eek: Just dozy I suppose :confused: I have been looking on the web at laminate stocks from an English firm but have yet to see one I like as much as the brown Sako one.

I have wondered, probably wrongly knowing me, if the fluted barrel on the Varmint is the same as on the Finnlight? I know the action would fit, but would the slight difference in barrel thickness make it look unsightly, if the Finnlight barrel was slightly smaller?

Simon
A good friend of mine has done exactly what you are planing to do Simon I will try to get him to send me a few piccies so you can make your own mind up mate.

Just beware of the weight, weighed a sako 75 laminated stock today, 1300 grams.
I guess the plastic stock from the Finnlight will not be more than 900 grams.

edi

Just beware of the weight, weighed a sako 75 laminated stock today, 1300 grams.
I guess the plastic stock from the Finnlight will not be more than 900 grams.

edi

Edi, don't worry about the weight, I only potter about in Worcestershire, not slogging about up and down mountains like some of the lads on here do. I won't throw the plastic stock away, but although I love the rifle for what it does I find it an unlovely thing on the eye. A kind thought though, thank you!

Simon

currently waiting on delivery of new custom made Dual Thumbhole Grip Brown Laminate stock for a Sako 591 in 260cal. The stock was made by Paul Day from UK LAMINATE GUN STOCKS cost £250.

I will keep you al posted with my views on new stock and maybe some pictures.

Dalkur

Back