Best portable spotlight?

Henry Straker

I have a Clulite CB2 spotlight with a new battery but I am really struggling with it as it isn't nearly as bright as I require. Essentially, what do people reckon are the best portable spotlights for the combination of their brightness and battery life?

Henry
Has it only got a 50w bulb in? If so ' stick a 100w Osram Xenophot one in and you will be pleasantly surprised. Battery will only last half the time though.

deteriorated, new one was massive improvement. whip it open and see if it has darkish patches appearing through the reflective coating and a dull finish.

The best portable I have came from Homebase, its 3,500,000 candle power has a v tight beam and will illuminate a fox at ranges we would not shoot at. Runs on 100w car headlight bulb. We use it for v long searching on big fields. Its like using a search light. Closer stuff we use a Lightforce. If your looking for a self contained portable, then Draper do an excellent hand held recharable which will do a short lamping session. Nice tight beam.However now superseeded by a Tiablo/Fenix LED torch.

D

How bright do you need. I can shine a beam a very long way with my CB2. Check the reflector and make sure it has the correct lamp in.

Back