Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: removing a carcass across neighbours land

removing a carcass across neighbours land

as above title ive a bit of ground that if i shoot a beast it involves a minimum of a hour uphill drag but if i can go across a neighbouring farms ground it a nice 10 min flat drag what is the legallity of dragging across others land

i think that would depend on if you have permision from said neighbour for access, the last thing you would want is to go wondering across someone elses field with a carcass and rifle, think this would fall in under the armed trespass it would also be very easy for them to accuse you of poaching from their land !

Make sure you unload rifle Bolt out make sure you do not damage anything and whats the problem i done it all the time at Carron valley. But it might be beter to say to the farmer that you have the problem and offer to give him a bit of venison for access . When the farmer stoped me he only moaned that i was standing on the top wire so i put up a stile and he and i were very happy.

In scotland they must be very understanding If I found someone crossing my land with a rifle and a deer I would be very upset and the police would't be far behind

i had the same problem, in fact i posted a thread stating the drag nearly killed me.
    at the time i didn't have permission to cross the flat piece of neighbouring land to the road, so i had to drag it up and down dale.
    bugger that i thought, i aint doing that again, so i found who the farmer was, asked permission, offered a bit of venison as payment, and hey ho, got an extra 150 acres to stalk on!
    so its simple, just ask the farmer, if says no thats tough, just think of it as excercise to keep you fit.
    cheers
    richard

It is not about being understanding mate NF its the law and if you called the cops i would have you for waisting police time and my hard earned tax payers money. Now lets keep to the facts they are carrying an unloaded in active rifle what is your problem!!!

All right maybe its a bit strong but on the other hand it's only good manners to ask first you might even be be given permission to stalk there if you are refused you know where you stand and know what to expect if caught!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by new forest View Post
    In scotland they must be very understanding If I found someone crossing my land with a rifle and a deer I would be very upset and the police would't be far behind
    In Scotland we have, The Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003. In Part I of that act it explains fairly simply how crossing or being on most land in Scotland can be done by anyone acting responsibly, as a matter of right.

See... http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content...xtDocId=910979

In England, I'm sure it's more complicated...

Account Suspended
    Having said the above, there would still be animal health and hygiene issues to consider if you were dragging a carcass.

If that is the case I would say it is simpler here in the south without the landowner's permission you are trespassing and with a firearm it's even worse. The law was brought in to combat poaching which is what I would suspect you of especially with a dead deer.