Thread: Public discussion on the selling of FC land today

Public discussion on the selling of FC land today

Be interesting to see what becomes of the discussion/consultation today about the selling off of FC land. The land I stalk on was taken on by a private buyer from the FC three years ago and it has worked out alot better since then than if we had been with the FC.

Cannot really see a great deal of logic to the public ownership of so much woodland. As long as there are restrictions in place on what a private owner can do it seems sensible to allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by andibrains View Post
    Be interesting to see what becomes of the discussion/consultation today about the selling off of FC land. The land I stalk on was taken on by a private buyer from the FC three years ago and it has worked out alot better since then than if we had been with the FC.
    hi

can you explain that please.
    in what way is it better.

i cannot see how giving away our land helps anyone except narrow minded people.
    you will never fill the deficit of debt this country has by selling the land and we will never see the money but as things are we can and do get great use of the land.
    frank

I can see a reason to retain ,the recreational woolands . But as taxpayer why i have to subsidise vast acres of remote pinewoods ,which are of little benefit to nature , no members of the public visit them.They then have to empoy a ranger to control the deer for 40 years. When the trees are harvested they make a very small profit . The FC are costing us the taxpayers millions of pounds . Surely its only right they sell of some of there woods.

Chill

chill123,

i will be honest and say from the off that i think this is one of the biggest mistakes that we all can do.
    secondly the Fc only costs us 15 million a year.
    it costs us 20 million a month in fraudulent claims on the social.

if you want to save money selling our (taxpayers) land is not the answer.

i can only hope that those whom are fighting the sale do it right for once.

atb f.

Having spent my whole working life employed by landowners, I always thought that the golden rule was that you never sell land or property until the wolf is well and truly at the door?

I will watch and take part in this consultation with interest.

I would urge others to take part too but please look into the details and don't just think....mmmmm....if they sell the FoD to private owners I might get some cheap boar shooting!

JC