Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S & B or Doctor

S & B or Doctor

I am after a bit of advice from your good self’s, I am thinking of purchasing an 8 x 56 illuminated reticle scope, either the S & B Hungarian or the Doctor classic, they seem to be similar in price.
    I have never used a Doctor scope does anyone know how they compare with the S & B for low light capabilities / build quality etc, any advice would be appreciated

Go for the S&B, the quality is better, the glass is better, mechanics are better. I know the back-up is good at S&B.
    In a few years time you will be glad.
    edi

+1 for the S&B they are better in every respect (except for price and that is soon forgotten)

I have a s+b 8x56 hungarian model. rearly good low light capabilities. S+B every time.
    Jonathon
    ps its like having a drain pipe on top of your rifle though

doctor

thought id better post in defence of the doctor optics,
    iv had one on the top of my 6.5x55 for ten years and have been very pleased with it. i cant judge it against the s and b as ive never had one,
    but the its just as clear as the day i got it [2nd hand]. i know the saying you get what you pay for, but the doc is very good value for money.

Thanks for that guys, I thought it would be the S & B, especially looking at previous posts on this site from happy users, seems to be a bit of a wait for one though as they appear to be in short supply and the price has just jumped again.

Try here Macleods they have a fine selection. I was talking to Gregor macLeod last week and he told me had just had 40 delivered. There is always a good selection of second hand optics. If you do phone them up, tell the bugger you got his address from here he never believes me.

John

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB
    Try here Macleods they have a fine selection. I was talking to Gregor macLeod last week and he told me had just had 40 delivered. There is always a good selection of second hand optics. If you do phone them up, tell the bugger you got his address from here he never believes me.

John
    I'll second Macleods, thar mentioned it a while back and I bought a second hand S&B without seeing from them. Was just as expected.
    nice to deal with.
    edi

Cheers for the info,
    Afraid I have just started a months trip offshore in the Dutch sector of the North Sea but a good chance I will be in Invergordon when I get back shore side, and Tain is just up the road, so if the supplier I normally use can’t come up with the goods by then, I’ll go see what Macleods have got.

Invergordon! you will know where Nigg is then. Let me know when or if you are going and I will meet you there, help you screw a deal out of Gregor.

John