New ground

6pointer

This is the small area we have in the middle of glasgow and its a 50 acre rough patch but we can only shoot twenty cost £15.

Is it worth the money.

PICTURE
27-1-2011009.jpg

PICTURE
27-1-2011006.jpg

VIDEO

VIDEO Now please dont moan this is an area that the deer need removed sad to shoot something that size before he gets his full head.

If that dosnt get your blood pumping your not a deer stalker ha ha

Last edited:
Davie,

if you just shot that one the bit of ground is worth it, and as they need to be taken off I reckon it is well worth it for the deer's sake. This way they are taken humanely a not getting involved in accidents and the like.

John

I would cut my arm off to be able to get ANY land :( with deer on mate so its well worth it.:thumb: .

well done on your new land.

i will keep knocking on them doors:doh:

ATB
Dave

No way I would shoot him on some spurious basis that he "needs to be removed". Leave him until after the rut, if this is an island of cover in an urban area, he is unlikely to stray too far.

If you want to take him after the rut, I would see no problem with that either.

Beautiful deer. Wish we had Roe here.

CD you are of coarse correct if he is the best beast (BUT HE IS A TOP BUCK) i saw three 6point bucks and he had the biggest body but in my Opinion he was quite old on that small area including the bit we dont bloody have i counted at least 10. roe. John is correct this area is very very close to main roads motorways and train lines and has been on the snh, to view list PS iLL BET YOU THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO SHOOT HIM FROM THE POST COME ON TELL THE TRUTH.;)

Last edited:
CD you are of coarse correct if he is the best beast (BUT HE IS A TOP BUCK) i saw three 6point bucks and he had the biggest body but in my Opinion he was quite old on that small area including the bit we dont bloody have i counted at least 10. roe.
Just going on that sentence alone it is well worth £15 I would snap his hand off. :drool:

It will do me just fine at my age a wee walk round after a sit in a high seat just about my lot ha ha .
You can get a map off forestry commison web site it will give you grid reference and just put it in a land register.

Was out again on the new bit of ground done a bit of walking and saw a few deer. Also saw a real nice buck after not seeing any for a while i have now seen 4 or 5 really good 6 pointers .
29-1-2011018.jpg

Back