Problem with BT/Yahoo Email Addresses

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
We are currently experiencing a problem with BT/Yahoo email addresses. Yahoo has decided to block all emails sent by the site to members with btinternet, btopenworld, btcentral and yahoo email addresses for reasons unknown.

If you are trying to register on the site with one of these email addresses you will not get your activation email. If this is the case please email alex [at] thestalkingdirectory.co.uk (replace [at] with @) and I will activate your account manually. Apologies for the inconvenience, I have notified Yahoo and await their response....

I *think* we have this sorted now. Can anyone with a btinternet/btopenworld etc. email address confirm whether or not you are getting mail from the site (PM notifications etc) ok now?

I have tested it with someone I know and it appears to be working. I'm certainly not seeing any being bounced back now....

Alex

Last edited:
Excellent, thanks for that!

What a pain in the derrier that was! I ddn't realise how many BT/Yahoo customers we had on here until we started getting loads of this bounced back:

554 Message not allowed - [PH01] Email not accepted for policy reasons.

Basically BT/Yahoo decided on their customer's behalf to censor us. I believe it was simply because they thought it was spam rather than anything more sinister (anti-hunting etc) but we seem to have it sorted now. I'm always a bit suspicious when big ISP's decide unilaterally to censor out content 'for their customer's benefit' but without their customer's knowledge. :-|

Alex

Back