absolutely huge grizzly bear !

conibear

View attachment 4577View attachment 4557View attachment 4558

I cant guarantee the details to this story as i cant verify the accuracy of the location
some guys are saying alberta, some bc, my guess would be bc or alaska but the story goes that they were elk hunting and he came into there calls , and they shot him with a .338wm at 5 yards.
amazing how something that big can sneak to within 5 yards undetected.

Last edited:
Now that is some bear, those claws are massive!!!! What would you do with it? Do Bears get eaten by us? I'd imagine the carcass retreve would be somewhat difficult, unless it's chopped into man portable sizes.

TJ

Now that is some bear, those claws are massive!!!! What would you do with it? Do Bears get eaten by us? I'd imagine the carcass retreve would be somewhat difficult, unless it's chopped into man portable sizes.

TJ

grizzly is not very good meat due to there diet of fish or rotten meat.more of a trophy animal or self defence as with this bear
cheers dan

Spring bears are not bad eating as their diet consists of mostly berries and such. Ground up into sausage with a healthy dose of pork fat, they're great. .

I remember watching a programme about a 'Glacier bear' (Grizzly/Polar bear cross), and I think this guy was on it describing want happened, and he said that this was about the 8th biggest bear ever taken, would not have liked to bump into No1!

I remember reading a book on native US Indiana hunting tails and myths, they say that many years ago there was a sub species of grizzly bear that was massive, it specialized in hunting the Bison. Whether this was true or just a myth I don’t know, any thought from our US friends?

ATB

Tahr

Holy Moly. If that was 5m from me the shooting it would not be the the 1st thing I thought of. I would have S**T myself.

shame you cannot eat them in certain seasons.

Guys any idea what size this bear would have been height ,weight etc

10 foot from nose to tail on that bear and a live weight of over 1000 pounds would be my guess, in the write up it said the live weight was 1300 pounds.
a ten foot bear could reach you up a tree easily upto 16 foot or more.

Holy Moly. If that was 5m from me the shooting it would not be the the 1st thing I thought of. I would have S**T myself.

shame you cannot eat them in certain seasons.

many of my friends have had grizz come in to there moose or elk calls, not a pleasant experiance especially when armed only with a bow.
which is why it pays to look over your shoulder when calling as predators allways aproach down wind.

its not a good time to eat grizz at any time as they love rotten fish and rotten meat
they stink and are full of worms.

Back