Thread: A simple meal.

A simple meal.

I made a simple but delicious meal tonight. I coated some whitetail steaks (5/8" thick) with cajun blackening seasoning and fried them for 5 minutes in butter, on medium high heat, in an iron frying pan. At the five minute mark I turned off the heat and turned the steaks, adding one clove of finely minced garlic to saute with the meat as it finished cooking by just the heat in the pan.

Separately, I cooked a cup of egg noodles in heavily salted water until done the way I like them, then sprinkled them with sweet basil and the garlic butter/juices from the steaks. I placed a steak atop the noodles on a plate, made up a green salad, and feasted! Delicious!! ~Muir
    Last edited by Muir; 28-01-2011 at 06:16.

Hells bells, at this rate your feet will be getting smaller so you can get closer to the oven!
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Er....not sure what that means but if it means I get to eat more tasty venison, I'm for it.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Er....not sure what that means but if it means I get to eat more tasty venison, I'm for it.~Muir
    I think he's alluding to you being a bit too in touch with your feminine side
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

And wearing white to match the utilities
    Muir...standard sexist joke is why do women have smaller feet than men? Ans: so they can stand closer to the oven
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks