Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Forest to be taken over by charitable trust

New Forest to be taken over by charitable trust

I heard on the radio this morning that the New Forest is to be handed over to a charitable trust.

This is on a similar theme to the post about the FC losing forests but thought it would be better in it's own thread.

How do you think this will affect stalking in the new forest? They have not said (as far as I am aware) which trust it will go to.

Do the goverment lease out the new forest to amature stalkers infact how much of englands forest is stalked by the amature . I though most of englands (FC ) woods were shot by groups orgnisation and only a very small amount was leased. If that is the case it will not really mater.

Account Suspended
    The laughable part in all this is the government are selling off land thats been paid for by the tax payer its our forest.
    Maybe the Government are going to give us all some money back when they sell it. NOT
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 28-01-2011 at 12:08.

There is no stalking on FC land in the forest, its carried out by there own keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by c18rch View Post
    I heard on the radio this morning that the New Forest is to be handed over to a charitable trust.

How do you think this will affect stalking in the new forest? .
    i dont care i am more interested in keeping the forests in our ownership.
    this is more important than just us stalkers

Quote Originally Posted by centralbeltstalker View Post
    i am more interested in keeping the forests in our ownership.
    Why?

once gone you never get them back
    the sale will not save money
    we will never see a cent of the money as the debts so big it will be swallowed up
    we will loose access to land
    we will loose some of our sports. bikes walks shooting etc etc
    we will still be in dire straights
    we will still have to give new land owners grants
    we will end up wanting more land later and buy some back for more than its sold

is that enough for now?

There is at present no amature stalking on FC forest land in the new forest, it is all done by thier keepers. Though the private land within the new forest boundary is available to the amature.
    I hope the New Forest Authority is disbanded, it is a medaling and very expensive quango with far too much influence from the 'great and the good'. Hundreds of jobs for the boys within the authority and the FC.
    I could bang on all night if you let me!
    Thier is a vague chance I suppose if they let it go to a charitable trust that it would be available to lease, but I very much doubt it as I should imagine it would be professionally managed as it is such a large area with such a massive amount of public access.

Quote Originally Posted by liongeorge View Post
    I hope the New Forest Authority is disbanded, it is a medaling and very expensive quango with far too much influence from the 'great and the good'. Hundreds of jobs for the boys within the authority and the FC.
    I could bang on all night if you let me!
    no ones stopping you go on !!

CB,the sale will not save money - explain your logic
    "we will never see a cent of the money as the debts so big it will be swallowed up" - so if you owe to much money don,t even try to pay it back, thats why were in the state we are, to much easy credit and people defaulting on it.
    "we will loose access to land" - Rights of access are to be retained, even the FC has no go areas
    we will still be in dire straights - sooner be in pink floyd
    "we will still have to give new land owners grants"- correct, but if you want to restrict what people do with there land then theres a price to pay
    we will end up wanting more land later and buy some back for more than its sold - what will we want it for
    perhaps we should all learn to sing "the red flag" and go back to nationalization that worked well didn,t it