Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blc-2

Blc-2

What are your thoughts on this as a 308 powder, i have been offered 2 tubs for 16 each, was thinking of using it as a plinking powder for range as it cheap. I use varget at the moment for my hunting loads.

Cheers Gavin

Ive never used it myself but I know a lot of BLC2 has been used in the target world in 308 so it cant be that bad. At 16 per tub you cant go wrong!!

Go for it !
    At that price it is a snip. I use Varget in my .308 and BLC 2 in my .222 , you should be able to work up a `hunting` load easily with it for .308 usage.

HWH.

blc2

i used it in 17 rem,204 ruger and 243win good power from 110 grn bullets up in the 308win it one of top performance powers i think i was designed for the army maybe 7.62 if i am right, thought i see it in a reloading mag somewear,anyway at that price rip their arms off mate ,atb steve
    Last edited by dollman; 29-01-2011 at 01:48.

My business partner and friend is a reserve Marine Marksmanship instructor who specializes in long range shooting. His weapon of choice is a modified, specialized Remington 700 7.62 Nato and BLC-2. BLc-2 is his #1 powder of choice.~Muir

Apart from some BLC-2 loads seeming to give a biit more muzzle flash. It's an excellent powder in the .308 Win. I use it with the 130 Gr Honady Spire Point and it is a very good combination. A friend used it with 150 Gr Bullets in his M98 sporting Musgrave rifle and it chewed ragged holes out of the targets. Many ragged one hole groups did he shoot with the combination.

Right oh, guess i will get them then, is there any limit's to how many tub's of powder you can hold at once? As i have a tub and a half of target, tub of H380 and a tub of H414 on the way from same guy for 18.

Hi Gavin
    BLC2 is an excellent powder and started its life in military cartridges , it is used today in a wide range of rifle calibers for Hunting ,Target and even Sniper rounds , see info below !

Sperical Rifle Powders

Hodgdon Powder Info

.308 Win Cartridge Guide within AccurateShooter.com

Reloading data for military bullets...145gr .308 fmj? - TheFiringLine Forums

http://www.handloadersbench.com/forum31/14335.html

There are far more reviews too about this great powder.

Regards
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by The Farmer View Post
    Right oh, guess i will get them then, is there any limit's to how many tub's of powder you can hold at once? As i have a tub and a half of target, tub of H380 and a tub of H414 on the way from same guy for 18.

At 18 per tub the limit is how much you can fit in the car!!

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    At 18 per tub the limit is how much you can fit in the car!!
    Oh dear............................... oh deary me. Methinks that some need to research what is legal and what is not in powder holdings.