Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's out shooting cocks today

Account Suspended

Smile Who's out shooting cocks today

Game shooting season fast drawing to a close. Just wondered who will be out on their Cock days?

I have been invited out on a rough day today, will be beating Monday, and Beaters day Tuesday, all in all a good few days.
    And (work permitting) hope to get at least 1 more day on the foreshore in Feb.

Hope everyones had a good season
    Brian

Ey its our last day / beaters day today. Should be a good laugh, the guns are beating for us all day so that deserves some banter in their direction ! They'll also be shooting anything going back, fingers crossed for good woodcock numbers today!

tom

Quote Originally Posted by tjwaines View Post
    Ey its our last day / beaters day today. Should be a good laugh, the guns are beating for us all day so that deserves some banter in their direction ! They'll also be shooting anything going back, fingers crossed for good woodcock numbers today!

tom

Tom
    keep an eye out for those buggers that also shoot the one's going forward if the banter gets to much for them

out today to give the dog a run
    should get plenty to retrieve me thinks

Yup, out today and Tuesday. Everything on the menu today and we have a lot of birds around. Tuesday likely cocks only. Have a good day everyone

out yesterday(my day) and thursday, now out today mon and tues as well, some are beaters days some are for keeping the foxes down and managing the deer levels, (huff) its a hard life.

I'm helping out a fellow keeper who has been picking up on my shoot all season. Least I can do is go and help out on his beaters day then crash the shoot dinner. Should be a good day!

Yes out today not the biggest bag but good day out every one had a good laugh which is the main thing ! Out Sunday stalking then Pheasants again Monday then it will be time to get some does thinned out in the coming weeks

I was beating today and yesterday, our beaters days are Monday and Tuesday at the same place.

The keeper was not letting the syndicate shoot hens today so I think there is very little chance of us being able to shoot hens on our days. Cocks only each day will be about a hundred I expect.

beaters day yesterday 163, cocks only today 64including partridge pigeon pochard tufftie canada squirrel crow,proper armed ramble.walked miles and i now ache allover but well worth it