Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sauer 202 Classic Synthetic .243"

Sauer 202 Classic Synthetic .243"

Last of the Sauers we are shifting:

Brand new, cased with tools, official UK import. Full UK warranty.

Latest model, huge saving!

01942 243126

Hi there,

is this the alloy action version? What is the barrel length?
    Thanks

Latest model = steel action i believe? Must be a wee bit of room on price as i bought one a year ago for less new?

I have the new model with the integrel rail (alumminum) in 6.5 love the gun. Cost new 1100 but i know they have went through the roof but if this is the older model need to agree with red dot. Also make sure it comes with the compounds to fix down the mounting system if its the old alloy one.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    I have the new model with the integrel rail (alumminum) in 6.5 love the gun. Cost new 1100 but i know they have went through the roof but if this is the older model need to agree with red dot. Also make sure it comes with the compounds to fix down the mounting system if its the old alloy one.
    Do your homework mate Sauer stopped the integral rail ages ago.
    Don't know why but they did.
    You cannot buy a new 202 with the rail. I tried.

Ages ago mine is ony 2 -3 years old the reason for the integral rail system was because the screws were getting pulled out of the alloy action when tightening. If they have fixed this i have not heard yet but no doubt some one will correct me. May be now its a steel action who knows ?.

I have been advises to go for the non alloy as my mate had a scope come loose.

All Suer 202s now come with integral weaver rail and steel actions and that has been so for 4 years.... Beechwood were the importers and its Garlands now hence the price hike. I have a new 202 and an older one with the screw in alu action with no problems from either. Great rifles and simple to keep as new.

No they dont ask the importer or try the web-site
    http://sauer.de/models-/s-202-xt-lin...2-outback.html

I dont want to start a fight lads but I have been trying to source one at right price for a while. The original 202 did not have the rail and had issues with the bases coming loose due to the screws in the action. They then moved to the integral rail until end 2009 when they stopped and reverted back to bases.

Dont ask me why, I think it is bonkers and I would rather have the rail built in but they dont make them.

Honest. Ask Deako who has been to the factory or Alex Dalgleish who tried to get me one from Garlands, I am not making this up it is fact.

I don't speak German but if you are right that all 202s now have screwed bases i am sure they will still be good..