Thread: What Advice would You Give

What Advice would You Give

Couple of days back spoke with a lad who had taken on a lease syndicate place only to find that it may not be up to his expectations. OK stalking is an art and what one person can do on a piece of ground may not reflect the potential for all. Guys take on syndicate places that may well be miles from home. They may have spent a day on a visit prior to taking up the place but we all should know that a piece of ground can change from day to day. Have also heard some horror stories of syndicates being bigger than what it was believed to be etc.

What advice would you give a person contemplating spending upwards of 500 off their hard earned cash on a syndicate place?

Measure the ground yo can do that very easy on the mapping sites very acurate indeed do not take up a place un less you have spent a full day assessing it. Cull records can be fudged but beter than nothing. If there are other members get there numbers have a chat .Normally they will give you some clues to what the grounds liks. But some are just not up to it on the lease we had some of the lads shot one or to deer and others shot well in to double figures.
    Last edited by 6pointer; 29-01-2011 at 18:09.

Ideally you could talk to a syndicate member who can give you a first hand acount of the ground. If the syndicate lease holder is prepared to be upfront on the information side and allow you to talk to a member then it's probably cool.

If the lease holder is a bit tight on the info side then the warning flags are flying.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    Ideally you could talk to a syndicate member who can give you a first hand acount of the ground. If the syndicate lease holder is prepared to be upfront on the information side and allow you to talk to a member then it's probably cool.

If the lease holder is a bit tight on the info side then the warning flags are flying.
    Cant better Pauls advice seems to tick all the boxes to me.

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post

Close but by no means accurate information .

There's only one way to be sure what your getting for your cash that go and
    inspect the ground for sign of deer .

The lease holder isn't willing to take you to the ground showing you the boundries the points of interest , on the ground before you start your years syndicate ,I'd be asking myself why .

I have and do run a syndicate I always make sure I meet the members on the ground for a walk over the ground so they can see what there getting and I can see them ,that way we can iron out any problems on both sides , I have in the passed done shooting tests to see if they can hit a target with the advent of the level one I scrapped that .

There have been plenty of cases where there are little or no deer present due to many reasons IE Forestry work, Stalking contractor, Ground disturbance due to places of geographical interest.

You only have yourself to blame, if you don't go for a look buyer beware.
    Last edited by widows son; 29-01-2011 at 18:11.

Meet the guy, go look around. Have a chat & descide if your upto it