Thread: No doe, just foxes!

No doe, just foxes!

Out for a doe this afternoon, but too many "other" distractions!

Attachment 4601

I shot this dog fox within 5 mins of arriving, 140yds from doe box. After picking it up I carried on to a second doe box only to see another charlie 185yds away walking along a stone wall, but that lucky blighter disappeared into the wood. I'll get him next time!

I can't believe how many foxes we have seen this year during the day, has anyone else noticed this?
    Timney

I have noticed a lot of foxes out during the day as well, seems like the really cold weather pushed them out. But then I think I have seen more this year in general. For some reason they can usually be found around one of the local muck heaps despite the fact that I know there is nothing even vaguely meat like in the them! Back when us farmers were allowed leave carcasses in muck heaps I could understand it, but now it just confuses me!

Well done on Foxy!

Quote Originally Posted by sealordlawrence View Post
    For some reason they can usually be found around one of the local muck heaps despite the fact that I know there is nothing even vaguely meat like in the them! Back when us farmers were allowed leave carcasses in muck heaps I could understand it, but now it just confuses me!
    In the cold weather they are probably enjoying the warmth given off by the muck and searching for worms.

it is there season for pairing up so many dogs in pursuit of vixens 3/4 dogs to a vixen .

Quote Originally Posted by bignoel View Post
    it is there season for pairing up so many dogs in pursuit of vixens 3/4 dogs to a vixen .
    bignoel, can only agree with you, this particular dog fox disappeared over the wall into the wood, wouldn't come to the squeak, and about three or four mins later there was a good few yelps from the wood. Must be carrying on their funny business in there !!