what scope would you put on my wifes new rifle

chrisc

Hi all,

I have just bought my dear wife a mannlicher SL in 222 but what i am pondering over is what scope i put on top , it will be for very light vermin maybe and target.

so help me out on this one should i stay classic 6x42 or what.

regards
chris

No body buys a woman a rifle christ are you mad that must be the north east of england in your avitar :lol:

What ever scope you decide make sure it has flip up covers,you can then put a mirror on the inside of them :lol:lol
Tusker

You know what like women are, you'd better check with her first.
Or you might up in the DOG HOUSE. :scared:

Kind Rgds. Buck.

Only joke'n classic scope on a classic gun. :thumb:

dlz90 thats what i was thinking but would anyone go for a vari but it has to be 1 inch tube.

chris

If S&B is in your price range, then Macleod's have got a good deal on the Kahles CB 8x50 L. It has a 1in alloy tube and an illuminated reticle for twilight/night shooting.

This seems to me to sound very similar to when the boss buys me a nice new hunter. She insists its for me even though its a skinny little Thoroughbred.

i would opt for a 8x56 if its going to be used for vermin but if like you say it will mainly be target then why not get a variable meopta

For target shooting a higher magnification scope would be better, and for vermin too. Both imply static rest shooting, so a variable (higher) power scope might be your answer.

As has been said, look at Macleod's of Tain and their second hand optics, if it is listed as ex-demo it will be perfect! I have two now from them and you can not deal with better people!

I would stick an 8x56 on it, with illuminated reticle if you can afford it, but that's just me.

Simon

OK you brought her the rifle now take her shopping and get the scope SHE likes.......................................... Simples.

A lot of bang for your buck with Meopta I reckon. I paid 200 for a 7x50 fixed - s/h - new theyre about 500ish I think. Very good at dusk. Inch tube. Or as Brit says, take her shopping!

Back