Thread: Welsh eagle

Welsh eagle

Saw this story on the Beeb, about a Golden Eagle spotted near Pontrhydygroes, it itself great news if it is a wild bird, however, what struck me about the report is a quote, about halfway down the article from Grahame Madge of the RSPB
    "We find that golden eagles are still regularly poisoned in Scotland near areas where grouse are found" Mr Madge added.
    1. This is a story about an eagle spotted in Wales so WTF is the relevance of that "fact"?

2. Why is the BBC repeating it? They just can't resist the opportunity to peddle their agenda with sideswipe at Country pursuits, in this case Grouse shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by BwchDanas View Post
    Saw this story on the Beeb, about a Golden Eagle spotted near Pontrhydygroes, it itself great news if it is a wild bird, however, what struck me about the report is a quote, about halfway down the article from Grahame Madge of the RSPB 1. This is a story about an eagle spotted in Wales so WTF is the relevance of that "fact"?

2. Why is the BBC repeating it? They just can't resist the opportunity to peddle their agenda with sideswipe at Country pursuits, in this case Grouse shooting.
    It's why (regrettably) I stopped my membership of the RSPB. Their agenda of blaming all raptor problems on the shooting fraternity finally got too much for me, the hypocrisy is that a) some raptors do better on managed grouse moors than in RSPB reserves and b) the RSPB aggressively control predators on some of their reserves.

This Goldie may not be as wild as every one is making out there was an escapee around th South Wales area a couple of years back it was seen from the Rhondda and Swansea area don't know if it was recaptured if not then this is probably it

Paul D

Every year they say theres more reports of killing raptors , but wheres the arrests ?

Sure it wasn't this one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eryr wen.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	4640
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

"Fe godwn ni eto" Iwrch

"I'r gad!!!"

Bwch...
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\