Thread: The British Shooting Show - 26th & 27th Feb 2011

Account Suspended

The British Shooting Show - 26th & 27th Feb 2011

Are there any SD posters intending on paying this show a visit?

http://www.shootingshow.co.uk/

It claims to be europes biggest retail shooting and gun show.

As I'm looking for a new semi-auto it just might be the place to go

But I've never been so am looking for some insight as to whether its worth the cost of a ticket and the cost of the fuel to get there.

Sorry Lou but I cannot tell you if it's worth it for you or not. However I did go last year as I was meeting Steve Kershaw to see about a rifle and I am going again this year as I am meeting soemone else this time. There is certainly a lot there to peruse and possibly buy. I got some new tumbler media from Norman Clark and some other bits and bobs. It will have to be the Saturday for me as it's the clubs annual iron sight full bore comp on the Sunday and I fancy having a play at that one.

Account Suspended
    Hi

I appreciate its hard if not impossible to advise someone on whether a certain gamefair, exhibition or lecture is right for them unless you know them personally. I'm really hoping to get more of a gerneal impression and feel for the event from those that have been and sampled before committing to purchasing an advanced ticket. Any cost savings I can get are welcomed these days.

Do you know if Steve Kershaw is taking a stand this year? As he and Gavin Haywood of Anglo Custom Rifles are on my list of people to talk to this year re a new rifle. I'm very interested in Gavins new tube gun project as well as his Impala actions for light weight sporting rifles.

Gavin is a regular at Bisley and very approachable, have you tried ringing him? Anglo Custom Rifle - Home of precision rifles
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Account Suspended
    Hi

Thanks. I have already meet with the ACR team, Back at the last CLA Game Fair and have their contact details. There's nothing like being face to face though.

Quote Originally Posted by lou View Post
    Hi

Thanks. I have already meet with the ACR team, Back at the last CLA Game Fair and have their contact details. There's nothing like being face to face though.
    Gavin will be there mate I know for sure as I will be helping on the stand for the whole weekend, drop by and have a chat lou and any other SD members that are attending will be more than welcome.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Steve Kershaw is usually on another stand, best phone him to ask if he is going or not, now the show has a lot to see not all is of interest to me but there is a lot so see still. Lots of new fangled plastic stocked stuff .......................... not for me but I found enough interesting rifles to keep me amused and thinking. Bumped into some perople I know. I never went to watch the area stuff some like to I know.

Account Suspended
    There seems to be a general thumbs up for most people regarding this show . So we might just make the effort and spend the money on getting there.

What is the parking and catering like?

If you pre buy your tickets your parking is assured or so the site claims. I had no problems last year but I will pre-purchase my ticket this time. There are plenty of catering places at the show.

Is it easy to get to from the train station? Far to walk, or is a taxi better (or would a taxi just get stuck in traffic entering/exiting the show)? Thanks