Thread: Advice Needed

Advice Needed

I have a friend who is wanting to do his level2, he has been in touch with a fairly big outfit in Ayrshire. The guy who runs it was saying how much land he has, and also a syndicate rifle if he wanted one. I am under the impression he has a few syndicates available,while speaking with another friend he tells me he had his fingers burnt while in one of them. Is there anyone out there that can shed some light on this outfit if possible please. Many thanks 1995rs

I would think that the business you are referring to is South Ayrshire Stalking. (If you google this you will get the web site) It is a family business run by Chris Dalton and his wife. I did my level 1 and 2 with South Ayrshire Stalking and all I can honestly say is that my experience with them was excellent. IMO Chris Dalton is a very knowledgeable stalker with a down to earth approach. I believe that the company do have control over a good few acres in different areas providing their clients with the opportunity to stalk roe, red and sika. I know nothing of what syndicate places he may have available but my advice would be that if you are buying into any syndicate offered by anyone do your homework first.

Sorry 1995rs, can't help you out there. Good luck with your enquiry though - I hope your friend gets sorted soon.

Cheers

YW

Established Poster
    If it is South Ayrshire Stalking, I done my DSC level 1 with them, very thorough training, so I would assume that your friend would receive the same level of support for his DSC level 2 as well.
    I am also a syndicate member down in Ayrshire with this company and have been for a few months, yet to connect with a Deer yet but still trying my best
    Last edited by oilmanjd; 02-02-2011 at 14:41.

Quote Originally Posted by oilmanjd View Post
    If it is South Ayrshire Stalking, I done my DSC level 1 with them, very thorough training, so I would assume that your friend would receive the same level of support for his DSC level 2 as well.
    I am also a syndicate member down in Ayrshire with this company and have been for a few months, yet to connect with a Deer yet but still trying my best
    Have you seen a few though??
    S.

Ive done my level 1 with south ayrshire stalking and also got a syndicate place. no complaints so far from me.

Spent 3 days with Chris & Ann at the beginning of the week.

It was a Xmas present from my wife 3 nights B&B plus 5 outings stalking.

Chris has some nice ground for stalking, seen plenty of deer & managed to shoot a couple.

No complaints from me had a good time, accommodation is nice & i will be going back later in the year if i get a chance.

John

I can also vouch for South Ayrshire Stalking.

3 out of our 4 syndicate members have used Ayrstalk for our respective DMQ training, I did my Level 1 there and 2 others completed their Level 2 through Chris.

The last Level 2 candidate had a cracking few days on some of Chris' new ground on the East coast and there were plenty beasts around.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time doing my Level 1 there too so another with no complaints.

Can't comment on his own Syndicates though

Hope that helps

Rb

I also did my level one with Chris from South Ayrshire Stalking and have been stalking with him for 3 years. My friend did both his L1 and 2 with Chris which also was exellent. Would deffo recommend South Ayrshire Stalking.

Martin

Where abouts is your friend based?