Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zeiss dialyt field spotter - any reviews or opinions?

zeiss dialyt field spotter - any reviews or opinions?

anyone seen or used one of these?

I've used one that a friend owns and was very impressed. So much so that as soon as funds allow I will get one. I liked the lightness, compactness and the ability to focus with the left hand whilst using the scope. Clarity was excellent, and low light ability superb. It was light enough that I could hold it steady without a stick/pod and spot pheasants on a hill side 800yds away that I couldnt see with my Swaro 7X42's. All in all a good product and not a bad price.

Had a look at one today at the local gunshop. They look great and are certainly very robust. The optics are excellent. The design does allow you to hold it reasonably steady freehand, and with a rest it's fine. Great off a tripod. The only thing is that I'm after one for hunting AND for the range and I'm not sure 45x is enough for bullet holes way out yonder?

I got given one last weekend by a conglomerate of friends and family for my 30th. I have used it so far out fallow stalking and feral goat stalking and it has been widely received by those who had a look through it. Its simple to use, and does assist with spotting, and it's lightweight. A great addition to the kit bag.

ended up getting a swaro ats 65 hd with 20-60 lens and carbon tripod - now just have to wait for the velvet to disappear

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    ended up getting a swaro ats 65 hd with 20-60 lens and carbon tripod - now just have to wait for the velvet to disappear
    Get one of the Swaro camera adaptors and you'll end up with an insanely long equivalent focal length lens and be able to take good pics from the next county.

After a frustrating cwd season using the fieldspotter I sold it.
    I have gone for the swaro atx 85 with the angled head. The resolution on then is unbelievable and they split in half for ease of carrying in a rucksack.
    granted a lot more money but I couldn't sex cwd at 100m with the zeiss .
    I've only ever been disapproved by zeiss customer but have only been impressed with swaro

Looks like a good piece of kit, but expensive. I have a large Kowa spotting scope with an angled head that needs a tripod. Wonderful to use but does take time to set up. I also have a little Leupold Compact Scope Leupold Optics GR 10-20x40mm Compact - | Leupold Optics that is pretty useful as well as a proper vintage 4draw stalking scope that we inherited. The latter is really wonderful to use and it is long to brace yourself properly. If I was going to spend 1,000 on that Zeiss Fieldspotter, I would buy a grays stalking scope instead.

Quote Originally Posted by sws View Post
    After a frustrating cwd season using the fieldspotter I sold it.
    I have gone for the swaro atx 85 with the angled head. The resolution on then is unbelievable and they split in half for ease of carrying in a rucksack.
    granted a lot more money but I couldn't sex cwd at 100m with the zeiss .
    I've only ever been disapproved by zeiss customer but have only been impressed with swaro
    Simon.

Im not quite sure why you would of had the problems you mention, I know from the times I've used this that I can spot individual bullet holes at the 100m range you mention.

Regards Jon