Slings, what`s out there?

basil

Distinguished Member
I reckon i`m about to change my sling. The one i have now, (i can`t remember the name) has a stretchy shoulder piece and the strap is like a black, plasticy webbing. I hate the thing as when i pick the rifle up by the sling, it feels like it`s going to smack me in the armpit. What slings do you lot use??
basil.

I have one the same as yours Bas,and,I hate it.I have been looking on Evil Bay for one for a while now,just a canvas one would do me...........Martin.

Try( OLDSTAFF LEATHERS ) they did me the dogs Bxxcks sling 3mm leather just the trick , and they will put a motif on and your initials etc
£20.00 . also Bullet cases the same £20.00 I have initials and cal on my stuff so I dont pickup the WRONG ROUNDS OR THE WRONG BOLT!!! kinda embarassing , when in a hurry!. (I have no commercial interest )I just found them excellent, bolt holders are included.
Trapper

Trapper said:
Try( OLDSTAFF LEATHERS ) they did me the dogs Bxxcks sling 3mm leather just the trick , and they will put a motif on and your initials etc
£20.00 . also Bullet cases the same £20.00 I have initials and cal on my stuff so I dont pickup the WRONG ROUNDS OR THE WRONG BOLT!!! kinda embarassing , when in a hurry!. (I have no commercial interest )I just found them excellent, bolt holders are included.
Trapper

Another vote for Old Staff, she has done me a bolt holder and a sling and they are lovely, she is a member on the Shooting Community website, very nice lady.

You can see my bolt holder here:

http://shootingcommunity.co.uk/foru...=253&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=bolt+holder

Jerry

I use a Butler Creek neoprene sling.

My rifle is a Sako .308 heavy barrel fitted with both a bipod and a moderator but I don't feel the weight with this sling :)

Nick

I have an old leather one off some old gun we bought from an auction when I was trading, looks like a dog lead but does the job :lol:

I started to use a Padded Super Sling (most places sell them Deben etc) about two years ago and liked it so much I bought half a dozen when I was last in the States to fit to other rifles and for friends. They are comfortable and dont slip (even with a moderator fitted up top) No longer do I use my fancy leather slings but now prefer easy to keep slings manufactured from man made materials.

Remmy7

I have had and tried many, thin dog lead type things, stretchy bouncy things, wide canvas ones, all sorts could not really get on with any. Then a couple of years ago Pete E sent me a Rifle holster. Completely free of charge would not even accept postage money, he could not get on with that. Anyway now it does not matter what sling I use as the rifle sits snug in the holster, and the sling just sort of keeps it pointed in the right direction, it's great.

John

I use a bisley "thumb hole" leather sling about £30 can't fault it .I have tried several others but can't find anything that comes close in terms of comfot and ease of use .The hole allows you toe keep the rifle in place and make long stalks a pleasure.

I originally bought a neoprene sling but it felt 'spongy' when you wre carrying the rifle and felt not to secure so trawled around and after seeing 300wsm's sling on his intro on the ballistics thread i pm'd him and he said it was good so i bought the ruck sack type sling from the bushwear web site. very comfortable indeed.
Jonathon

Back