Thread: Hi everyone,I'm an old fart living in rural Scotland.

Cool Hi everyone,I'm an old fart living in rural Scotland.

I've been shooting for almost 50 years and shoot with local clubs and also roe ,fox and rabbits for vermin control.I have several rifles ,some of which are part of a (shooting) collection of Lee-Enfields of various vintages.I also have a couple of veteran sporting rifles, Cogswell & Harrison .303 converted SMLE and a 6.5 x 54 Mannlicher - Schoenaur .My main vermin control rifle is a Steyr Mannlicher .243 but I use a Winchester .223 mod 70 also.
    Rimfire .22 is a Ruger 10-22 which I've had for donkeys' years and is still dead reliable and accurate.
    That's all folks!

Hello Waterford

Welcome to the site sounds like you've got quite a collection there !!!

Nigel

Welcome to the site, good to see another man that uses a 303 I only take my 303 out for a walk when the sun shines, dont like getting it wet, much like an old vintage car really

Hello there Waterford103, like your collection, I used to have a 6.5 x 54 Mannlicher - Schoenaur biggest mistake I ever made parting with it. Used the open sights and a little peep site that popped up at the back. Seem to remember it had a beautiful magazine. I think it's still used by a keeper on Loch Monar.
    By the way I started shooting nearly as long ago as you, still have good vision on the hill.
    Welcome

Account Suspended
    Welcome Old Fart Looks like you have an interesting collection of smoke poles there, Hopefully you well expand during your time here on how you made them cough a little.

Regards
    Stu