Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much should I be looking to get for venison at a farm shop?

How much should I be looking to get for venison at a farm shop?

Right im off out tomorrow morning after either fallow or roe I am able to purchase the carcass for a good price (about 25 for roe 35 for a fallow doe and 40 for a fallow buck) and if successful I will take the carcass and sell it to my farm shop as I have a full roe in the freezer at the moment. What sort of price should I be expecting to get for it per pound or kilo in jacket for a chest shot (possibly shoulder) from the farm shop? I was thinking about 1/lb or 2.2/kg? is that a decent price? as I want to set up a good relationship with the farm shop? any input would be greatly appreciated.

George

Not sure its the done thing to buy a carcass off the stalker at a good price then sell it on for a profit.
    S.

Quote Originally Posted by Schiehallion View Post
    Not sure its the done thing to buy a carcass off the stalker at a good price then sell it on for a profit.
    S.
    Supose it would be ok if said Stalker new your intentions, or are you pull'n a STROKE!! .

Just kidd'n about the STROKE!!!

Rgds. Buck.

PS hope there's no offence took, as there's none meant.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Provided the price being paid for the carcass is the standard price charged by the guide, rather than a "mates rates" price, I can't see a problem with it. After all, once it's paid for it's your property and you can do what you like with it.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

2.20 per KG from a game dealer is not too bad.

Dave

I sell all mine at a pound per pound, butchers weight.

I wasn't trying to pull a fast one on him. He is a 'keeper not a stalker and would rather not have to deal with the carcass and as I have already paid to shoot the deer get the option of buying it for that price. No one would have a problem if the carcass was free after paying to shoot the day so I fail to see the problem. I will discuss it with him but its not even relevant as he canceled due to the weather

George

Account Suspended
    We are getting 2.65 / Kilo for Roe or Fallow collected.

So if we sell any privately it is 3.20 / Kilo in the Skin, 4.00 / Kilo Skinned or Butchered Haunches for example are 17.00 / Kilo bone in.

Quote Originally Posted by groach1234 View Post
    I wasn't trying to pull a fast one on him. He is a 'keeper not a stalker and would rather not have to deal with the carcass and as I have already paid to shoot the deer get the option of buying it for that price. No one would have a problem if the carcass was free after paying to shoot the day so I fail to see the problem. I will discuss it with him but its not even relevant as he canceled due to the weather

George
    Shame about the weather!!! don think anybody was having ago, everybody has different arrangements with their stalkers.
    No body would be in business if they did not make anything.

All the money I get from the meat just goes ti make the sport i love , that little bit cheaper :-)

I supply a farm shop at 1.20 a pound for Roe - I know he takes Red's direct from an unknown stalker at 1.50 per pound...., but he seems happy paying that as the game dealer hasn't had his mark up..

Rob