Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the article in the sun news paper

the article in the sun news paper

another bad press report today about deer stalking about the deer culling in the nevis range stalkers told to cut of ears as proof of kill as the suposedly cull area was too hard to recover the carcasses

Horror at deer cull | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

Obviously pinch of salt required with regard to sensationalising by the press but if it's accurate one can't help wondering how it could be too remote to extract, but not for walkers to stroll by?

By the looks of it the article was lifted straight from yesterdays Oban Times. The John Muir trust didn't deny that this is what happened and for them to leave 40 carcasses on the hill is, in my eyes, inexcusable. Just another example of certain groups treating deer as vermin.

I just can not believe they could not be extracted! I could not have left a carcass! Let alone a whole cull

Bl**dy stupid way to go on, no wonder the general public find distaste in what we do.

Who in their right mind would leave 40 deer to root?

Surely if the public can get a them then they must be in breech of H&S regs

Quote Originally Posted by tedsalad View Post
    Bl**dy stupid way to go on, no wonder the general public find distaste in what we do.

Who in their right mind would leave 40 deer to root?
    regs
    Both the JMT and SEPA seem to think this disgusting means of deer control is totally acceptable! Just when you think you have heard it all this comes out. This "deer management" took place only a couple of miles from our boundary. Another example of organisation concerned in the natural regeneration of trees getting away with murder.

This kind of things boils my blood. There are NO excuses!
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Disgraceful indeed. In these times how ofter is a deer genuinely in a position they can't be retrieved by a short drag to an argo? never mind all 40 of them. Not only does it do 'us' no help its just morally wrong.

George

DO these people not have any Morals Ethics. No wonder the general public have developed a dislike to shooting.
    If the stalkers in question could not extract those deer why shoot the poor beast's, and then to cut there ears
    of as proof. Bloody Butchers,totaly unexceptable behaviour.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Who leaves venison lying that's got commercial value? Not sure about this but stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    Both the JMT and SEPA seem to think this disgusting means of deer control is totally acceptable! Just when you think you have heard it all this comes out. This "deer management" took place only a couple of miles from our boundary. Another example of organisation concerned in the natural regeneration of trees getting away with murder.

This kind of things boils my blood. There are NO excuses!

+1 on that, Dan. The worst of it is that some pillock will come out and try and justify this operation. With all thats happened what with the last 2 winters we have had in the highlands, the actions of the FCS in some areas, etc. Unbeleivable. NO excuses!-for so many reasons.