Thread: Passed Land ?

Passed Land ?

Hi ! Jus't put in an application for 3x new parcels of land for clearance. Although i know that 2x parcels have been previously cleared for at least a .222 cal, but as i have been waiting now for 6 weeks for confirmation, would it be safe for me to go with my .22 Hornet, o'r should i wait for the all clear from the FAO !? Thank's..

In the Home office guidlines to firearms departments it states that they should make it as straight forward as possible to find out if land is cleared. You dont have to apply in writing for each piece of land.

Just call them up with the name of the farm/land and ask if its cleared and up to what. If it is you need take matters no further. If its not cleared then you make the application.

& then figure out why anyone else with permission to shoot over the same chunk of land, having an open ticket, can do so with anything legal in his or her personal collection?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Tried phoning a few times with no luck ! Then printed some google earth maps clearly showing farmland with boundaries and sent them off, heard nothing, then phoned again and yet still waiting !?

Yeah right ! That would be the answer... but iv'e only had a FAC Airgun for 18 months and the hornet for 3 months !! Can't see that happening for a while yet !?

Quote Originally Posted by just View Post
    Tried phoning a few times with no luck ! Then printed some google earth maps clearly showing farmland with boundaries and sent them off, heard nothing, then phoned again and yet still waiting !?
    Hi Mate, Forget phoning. Write a letter, and send it recorded delivery to them. If they ain't replied in 28 days, then forward the same letter to the Chief Constable AND the Police Complaints Authority with a question as to why your Firearms dep't haven't had the courtesy to reply to your letter.

Best regards,

Mike
    (Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Home Page - Jelen Deer Services