Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herds of Roe!????

Herds of Roe!????

I don't know why, but the Roe around here seemed to have 'grouped up' this year more than I've ever seen before. I saw two fairly large groups this morning (sadly next to my patch and not on it!), and I have heard of groups of up to 25 nearby.
    Has anyone else noticed similar this year?
    Strange?
    MS

I get the same on my ground at times but they dont last long just a couple of weeks then the split starts normally were i am the first two weeks in March.

Most i ever see together is 6,4 or 5 more so,25 together must be some sight.
    Neil.

I counted 14 on the edge of Brighton last week

I have in the past few years seen large groups or 12, 14 and 15 roe at various points but they haven't grouped up yet strangely this year.

G

I can see groups of 20+ most winters, but only in certain areas. The norm is up to 10 or 12.

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I don't know why, but the Roe around here seemed to have 'grouped up' this year more than I've ever seen before. I saw two fairly large groups this morning (sadly next to my patch and not on it!), and I have heard of groups of up to 25 nearby.
    Has anyone else noticed similar this year?
    Strange?
    MS
    groups like this quite common in my part of the country 15-20 at this time of year, no stock about grass just starting to move game shooting over what more could a roe deer want ?

I have been seeing groups of 10+ but not on any of my patches, there is a patch of NT ground very near me where l walk the dog there was a group of 15 the other day on there l have seen as many as 40 in 1 count not in 1 group but spread about on the same bit of ground which is about 200 acres of featurless flat fenland.
    MS did you see them anywhere near me, you know where l mean

Quote Originally Posted by monynut View Post
    d.
    MS did you see them anywhere near me, you know where l mean
    Saw one big group very close! (about 12). Other side of the 'A' road and a bit to the East!
    MS

when I hunted in e germany the feilds were huge and roe lived in big groups 20+, out in the middle of the feilds.

I have some slides if I can scan I will post.